Raptor Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 01 raptor 660 it will start right up but will not rev just dies but if I choke it half way it will rev up the parking brake is unhooked I cleaned the carb has fmf slip on and open air box lid I put lid on and same thing

·
Master of the Electron
15,978 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Most likely, your pilot jets and/or passages are plugged... time for a verification that carbs are clean. How, exacty did you clean them?

What main and pilot jets are you running and what needles in what position? What are your fuel screws set to?

When did it last run well and what has changed since then? How long has it sat unridden?

Please answer ALL questions - they all have reasons.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went and messed with it a little today I put carbs at 3 turns out it was running good enough to put around yard wouldn’t go past half throttle but if it’s on full choke it revs and when I cleaned carb I cleaned it with carb cleaner the last owner must have put in some cheap rebuild jets didn’t have any number on them

·
Registered
51 Posts
Not to sound crazy or anything but are you sure you are moving the choke the right direction? If I remember correctly, all the way to the right is choke off.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea All the way to the right is off when I put it all the way or at least half way it will rev fine I’m not sure what kind of rebuild he put in carb jets have no numbers or anything on them it will sit and idle all day perfectly fine but you give it past half throttle and it dies

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Last owner bought cheap Chinese ones when I had got it I thought maybe spark plug it was finger right is cylinder and was black new plug did nothing

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Oem carbs
#25 pilots(2) from www.jetsrus.com
Dynojet Stage 2 jet kit(doesn't include pilots).
Use their needles(only way to get them is in the kit), put them in the middle or 4th groove(stock needles have 5 grooves, DJ has 6) and use the the 2 largest or 2 second to largest mains in the kit, the right carb's main jet will Always be one size larger than the left's.
Fuel screws Both the same turns out, 2.5 to 3 turns is ballpark, adjust them down to within 8th of a turn.
Vito's fuel screws make it easy to adjust with the carbs on, as they have thumbwheels machined on.
Rebuild the oem carbs you get if need be, really just replacing o-rings, bowl gaskets, and needles and seats, and not using any other parts from the rebuild kit.
This is the only way you will get it to run correctly with those mods.
This is also for no airbox lid.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I bought a simple stage 2 kit from dunk jet and moved moth needle clips to the bottom 2 and a half turn out and now she runs perfect the right carb has a 150 main left carb has a 145 thanks for all the help guys

1 - 15 of 15 Posts