Raptor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 raptor 660 when I press the start button the reverse light come on. What could it be? Thanks for any help in advanced

·
Master of the Electron
15,113 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

The Raptor's over temp light illuminates when pressing the start button... do you have the bulb covers mixed up?

Do you mean nothing happens at all or does it turn over but won't fire up and run? Do you hear a loud click when you press the button?

Under what circumstances did this failure begin? What did you do? Give us some history.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The reverse light comes on they could be mixed up I bought the off a guy for 600 bucks and had to re wire a lot of this but now I’m stuck at this point it does nothing when I hit the button except the reverse light lights up no click or anything

·
Master of the Electron
15,113 Posts
Did you rewire to the wiring diagram in the OEM manual?

There's lot's that could be wrong, but easy to find - do you have and know how to use a multimeter?

Attachments

·
Master of the Electron
15,113 Posts
You didn't answer my multimeter question.

Do you have 12V at the red/black wire to the CDI? If the reverse light comes on when in reverse you do...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Idk I’m at work but before I left I pulled the clutch in and then hit the nut and the solenoid clicks

·
Master of the Electron
15,113 Posts
Okay, then you have working CDI. Try shorting across the two large lugs on the starter relay with a screwdriver. Does the starter turn? If it does your starter relay (solenoid) is most likely bad.

You STILL haven't answered my multimeter question.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts