Raptor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What symptoms will I see if my clutch went?

I was riding and had no signs of a dying clutch - no slippage.

The I stopped to let a Jeep pass and it wouldn't move.

I let the clutch out and it very very lightly crept forward like a half inch and then stopped.

If I let the clutch out fully while in gear, it will idle. It won't stall.

If I throttle it while in gear it revs like it's in neutral

Also, when in gear, it rolls like it is in neutral.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Sounds like a clutch issue to me. Never had one go out like that but something may have broke in there. I think your probly going to have to get that cover off and have a look. Unless your chain just fell off, but i bet you would have notived that!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The chain is intact.

The gear/sprocket right next to the engine/trans moves a 1/4 turn when I let the clutch out - then it just stops turning

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Could be something with the shift mechanism too. Maybe its not actually changing gears? Either way i think the clutch cover will have to be removed to see

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update: Watched a video on taking the clutch cover off and it recommended that I replace the clutch cable.

I did not have a replacement but I figured id check it anyway.

I took it off and put it back on, and the issue is gone...

I assume something knocked it out of position or something but I rode for 4 hours yesterday without an issue.

I guess for those who find this thread...check the cable, adjust or replace if needed

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Update: Watched a video on taking the clutch cover off and it recommended that I replace the clutch cable.

I did not have a replacement but I figured id check it anyway.

I took it off and put it back on, and the issue is gone...

I assume something knocked it out of position or something but I rode for 4 hours yesterday without an issue.

I guess for those who find this thread...check the cable, adjust or replace if needed

Thanks for the help
Awesome! So glad you found and fixed the problem without having to remove the cover. Thats kind of a pain...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts