Raptor Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello well first off this is either an 01 or 02 raptor 660 i forget witch year,anyways last spring i took it out to get it ready to take up to my cabin,i put some new gas in and fired it up it ran for about 2 minutes then started on fire!I had the hose right there from earlier and hosed it down untill it went out after everything was said and done the air intake box got burnt,carb boots/tubes, and the harness. I replaced the harness off ebay and i still need the cords that connect to the middle of the harness(i took pics)i dont know what these cors are called!those wires are burnt but i got them connected to the new harness a couple of wires i spliced and reconnected they go down by the chain kinda.. i replaced the airbox,tubes,and carbs also.now i try to start and the lilttle fuse block buzzs but dosent blow fuses motor dosent turn over at all.i figure i got water into the motor and seized it up when i had the hose on it putting out the fire.drained the oil today and there wasent like any water in it actually probally none..i took some pics of these wires i need to replace still im not sure what any of them do or are called.also took pic of the fuse block thing that buzzs when i try to start.the pics of the wire that i spliced and reconnected are out of focus.i tryed to push start it once today but i was ALONE! was gonna try more tommorw with my buddy. Any help would be great!!!Thanks Guys

·
Registered
56 Posts
The buzzzz means that your battery needs to be charged, there isn't enough juice to turn it over...Charge it or go buy a new battery....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hooked jump pack up to other side of relay and it dosent do anything the neutral light dosent even come on,and i tried jumping it with a screw driver and just buzzs like before..thanks for the suggestion though!

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Hooking the jumppack to the starter side should have turned the motor over, it won't have anything to do with the lights, it's bypassing the relay.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea im not sure it,sounds like the sounds comming from starter when i hook it up to it directly,probally cant turn it over because its seized up :'(

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
MplsRaptor said:
probally cant turn it over because its seized up :'(
I wouldn't jump to that conclusion, try without the plug in it.

And your quad is an 01

Has it turned over since you put the hose to it? It may have water in the cylinder keeping it from turning, if it turns with out the plug in and water comes out then put some oil down the plug hole to prevent rust. If you do oil the cylinder don't try turning it over with the plug in, you risk bending things.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
The two wires your trying to identify by the sprocket, reverse and neutral switches.
Reverse is a push on connector with a green/white wire
Neutral is a skyblue wire with a ring terminal and a philips head screw.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
just tried and it didnt turn i wasent really wrenching hard at all..it should be easy to turn right?should i try some more.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
no it has no been turned over since the hose was to it,i was so pissed i didnt even want to think about it,my raptor was mint before this happen barely riden i got it from a older guy who took care of it.now its summer and i really dont want to have to buy a new motor or raptor all together,

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
With the plug out and in neutral it should turn easy, if it sat for some time after being drowned it may have rusted the rings to the cylinder, you can lean on the flywheel nut quite hard it's torqued to 100ftlbs. Worse case is you loosen the nut. The motor is only ment to turn counterclockwise, if I was trying to break it loose I would turn it clockwise also but only far enough to see if it turns. At this point I'd also thing about a bit of oil in ther cylinder.

How long has it been sitting since it got wet?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
it broke free first tug i put some force on it herd it and it moved.need some oil now!! wish it wasent 8:00!!trying to go up north tommorow.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
If it was mine I'd want to know what was hanging it up, I would pull the head and take a look but it's up to you.

At this point I'm not sure I'd oil it, would only have done that to soften up whatever was stuck, with the water I'd suspect rusted rings.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts