Raptor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This might be a silly question but can Grizzly 550 parts fit a raptor.. ex.a piston from a grizzly fit the raptor I say no but i have "others" telling me yes plz help before this guy screw my kids bike up...

·
Master of the Electron
14,490 Posts
I assume you meant 660 not 550 as the 550 is much newer, fuel injected and a very different beast. In the case of 660, some parts, perhaps. Many engine parts, no... If I recall, the Grizzly 660 is a single carb 4 valve machine, the Raptor 660 is dual carb 5 valve. Top ends are completely different.

If I also recall correctly, some tranny parts ARE interchangeable.

You can use the part selector at one of the online parts stores to figure out compatibility - look up same part for both the Grizzly and Raptor and compare part numbers.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks he's trying to build a beast.. Ok he has a Grizzly 660 motor sitting out on the floor and a Raptor 660 he wants to make a beast.. any suggestions... and what should he do with the Grizzly 4 valve single carb motor...

·
Master of the Electron
14,490 Posts
any suggestions... and what should he do with the Grizzly 4 valve single carb motor...
Lol, you may not want to hear my recommendations - it might not be acceptable speech here in the forum.

Seriously, I don't know what he's trying to do - you don't explain anything except that he's trying to make a 'beast'... I don't know what he has in mind.

Certainly, if I recall correctly, the Grizzly engine won't fit in a Raptor frame - the single carb engine is too tall - this is why they went with two smaller carbs, side by side, on the Raptor in the first place... the frame was already pushing being too tall.

Perhaps somebody else, here in the forum, has knowledge of the two engines and what could be done to make a Griz engine fit in a Raptor frame (if that's what you're trying to do). I could imagine modifying a Raptor intake manifold to bolt up to a Griz head and using the dual carbs on it. I think all else would just about bolt in as is... but I am NOT an expert on this subject.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts