Raptor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas,

New to the site...and had some questions.

Currently, I own an 05' Honda 450R and an 05' Yamaha YFZ450, and love them to death.

Went riding with a friend currently, who rides, I believe its an 03' 660R LE. He let me ride it and I liked it a pretty good bit. It seems to rev kinda slow compared to my quads, but it seemed like it had some monster torque. I had to try a good bit harder to keep the front end down than I do on my 450's. What kind of numbers do those things make? HP/TQ?

His only mods were LTE Dual exhaust, and said he ran some sort of $10/gallon gas. I didn't ask a whole lot of questions, but I don't believe its oxygenated fuel, as that stuff runs $20/gallon around here.

I was always under the impression that running high octane fuel when unneeded could actually hinder performance a little bit. And by that, I believe that stock static compression on a Raptor is 9.2:1. I thought 93 octane was good up until about 12:1 or 12.5:1 depending on elevation?

I know the motor is all stock, can you guys give me some info on how this will affect the raptors? If he doesn't need it, I'm going to tell him to stop spending $10/gallon on fuel, and start spending $2.15/gallon! I think his old lady might let him ride a little more often ;).

Much appreciated :).

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
12.0 to 12.5 for your 450's.....not the 660 or 700. Much lower comp. the cutoff on compression and premium is somewhere around or slightly above 11.1 on the 700's.
If you liked the 660 you will Reaaaalllly like the 700!
if he is running the stock compression he IS wasting his money....and its possible he is actually hurting performance.
That link above has info right up your alley

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info guys.

I've seen the 700's, and sat on one at the dealership..but noone around here has one. I've heard only good things about them...just noone has one around here!

I'd love to ride one to see how it feels.

Thanks again fellas.

·
Registered
287 Posts
So where is "around here" then?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Eastern Panhandle of West Virginia.

Capon Bridge to be exact.

Small town...middle of nowhere...BFE to be more exact :).

Actually, its not that bad....can't complain too much. :grin_nod:

Where abouts are you located?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts