Raptor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I want to know about changing the stock exahust, now I just took out the spark arrestor but the noise isn't good and sometime there is backfires.
So my question is which exahust can I buy without changing the fuel map.
The power is enough for me right now but the sound is not good and I dont want to do the change for my fuel system. Thanks.

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,444 Posts
sometime there is backfires.
So my question is which exahust can I buy without changing the fuel map.
I dont want to do the change for my fuel system. Thanks.
You answered your own question. Backfire is usually lean. Why would you ruin a motor that would cost more to repair then buy a fuel controller. A fuel controller should ALWAYS be the first mod. Or put the spark arrestor back in.
On a side note, don't waste your money on a 'slip on'.
A controller, exhaust system and free flow air cleaner will add about 10HP. You should also get the AIS delete from Cuervo Racing.

Reactions: Daniel171

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, got it.
Increasing the fuel injection will not make a damage to the engine after a while?

·
11,444 Posts
Ok, got it.
Increasing the fuel injection will not make a damage to the engine after a while?
Using a fuel controller will allow the air/fuel ratio to be optimized for a more reliable motor. 700 motors now are lean from the factory because of emissions. Leaning it out by changing the intake or exhaust, i.e. removing the spark arrestor, needs a fuel controller to prevent damage. Lean is what causes motor damage, rich rarely causes motor damage unless it washes past the rings and dilutes the oil, but usually It will foul spark plugs first.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
First, thanks for proffesional answers.
The last question is how to choose the controller? I think in my country the people are not proffesional enough in this issues so I am not trusting anyone here.

·
11,444 Posts
Where are you located? Most of us are in the US and we like having international members.

There are different types of controllers. Dobeck style have push buttons to change the map, and are the least expensive. But have very little support for maps. The DynoJet Power Commander Five, (PC5), is more expensive but has a lot of support and maps available online as well as (phone in US) email support. Some computer knowledge is necessary for down loads and you can change your own map to fine tune. Either system can be fine tuned on a dyno if you want.
Check ebay for Raptor 700 fuel controllers

·
Registered
5 Posts
DynoJet sells an expansion module for the Power Commander 5 called Auto Tune. (AT-200 is the part number). This has a wide and O2 sensor that goes in the exhaust system. It will enable you to adjust the air fuel ratio at various rpms and loads.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So, thats means I can add only this part without the power commander or I have to install two of them and its just make an "easy life“

1 - 13 of 13 Posts