Raptor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my mechanic tell me that by using all the same size clutch fibers instead of using the stock smaller 1st fiber would not work without making other changes. Are there any other changes to be made to make the all the same size clutch fibers mod work?

Thanks!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So do I just take off those two smaller washers and the wire that holds them on and replace it with the full size first fiber plate and I'm good to go? I also used half stock springs and half hd springs. A good idea?

·
A-10 Crew Chief
1,143 Posts
That's all there is to it! Spring setup sounds good also!

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Call HDD they got a ready to go kit for this with springs and all.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
So do I just take off those two smaller washers and the wire that holds them on and replace it with the full size first fiber plate and I'm good to go? I also used half stock springs and half hd springs. A good idea?
Idk what kinda hp you putting out but I'd run all 6 hd springs for more holding power,unless I had a DD. It's gonna make clutch pull slightly stiffer.
I'm with Dale you need a new mechanic.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I'm trying to get where I can do all this stuff on my own. I tried to replace the clutch myself and got it put back together and it did not work, so I took it to a friend of a friend's shop and he failed to mention to me he has never worked on a raptor and he sounds like a dumb ass. So hopefully I learn how to do all this stuff on my own but I won't be going back to that guy again haha

1 - 8 of 8 Posts