Raptor Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was out on a long trail with my buddies, we stopped to take a break and when we moved again I noticed my raptor's idle was messed up, it kept dieing while it idled and I had to stay on the throttle to keep it on. What could the problem be??

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Did your engine light come on at all?

·
Registered
155 Posts
This is the way my fuel pump acted when it was going out. :mad: It progressively got worse, until it started popping fuses.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ive been doing a little research and I see that some members had problems with a TPS sensor. My question is when the TPS sensor was going bad did it activate the check engine light?? Im going to check first thing tommorow if theres fuel in my oil, and I should also add that its only at low RPMs when it acts up. If I ride pinned it feels better :3question: Im spending all day on it tommorow so any advice is appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
MoRaptor03 said:
This is the way my fuel pump acted when it was going out.  :mad:  It progressively got worse, until it started popping fuses.
What fuses did it blow? I had an ignition fuse blow and it now no longer starts or runs and still no problem found, (yes I changed the fuse). Spark looks good, but will crank and crank and will not start. I also hear the fuel pump run when I turn the key on. What symptoms did you have when your fuel pump was going out? (did the fuel pump run when you turned your ignition on?) Was it covered under any kind of recall? Is it a certain part number of fuel pump that is notorious for failing? just trying to get to the bottom of the fuel pump problems. Thanks, scottro

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
i just wanted to thank you guys for saveing me a mechanic bill. i had the same problems, wouldnt start unless half throttle is used, misfires, injector was running at full rich. and no check engine light was on. i replaced the tps sensor, and it fired right up and runs awsome. so a thanks goes out to all of ya who helped. :thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.