Raptor Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to put a big bore kit in my raptor. What is the power difference over standard. I already have the dual big bore barkers, trinity intake and a pc111 commander. By putting in a big bore kit will i have to get another map to suit it. Also what is the standard compression . Any help much appreciated. this is the kit i am looking at. The 778 kit.
http://www.tqsatv.com/products.php?cat=Big+Bore+Kits

·
Super Moderator NW Raptor Rally Coordinator
1,379 Posts
PROXT, anything over 12 to 1 on the beach will run hot but if higher up like St A you are fine with 12.5 to 1. This is a good kit but you may want to look at the 108mm eather way you would see better lowend power and more tork. A new map would be needed and I would not do this with out a good cam and P and P to the head. Also use ARP bolts as the stock head bolts do not hold up well with the larger bore. The best bang for the buck is new piston 12 to 1 pump gas, X2 or X4 cam depending how you want your power and a good P and P. If going to add a big bore then add +2 valves to the P and P. Hope this helps out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.