Raptor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Out for a blast on Sunday with a few mates went to pull front brake lever and the lever came all the way back no brakes luckily didnt hit anything stopped at a cafe and had a look and could see fluid all over the steering stem.

Contacted Yamaha on Monday and they told me to take it to the shop where I brought it so took it there on Weds. They had a look and said the end of the hose had completly snapped off so they advised Yamaha it should be replaced and they pay for it

Yamaha quickly said his a month out of warranty and we have never heard of it happening so I have gotta pay for it not very impressed with Yamaha.

Anybody heard of this happening before?

·
Registered
587 Posts
Haven't heard of it, but it sounds like a great time to upgrade to some braided brake lines.

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
+1 on that idea...

·
If it's too loud your too old
6,925 Posts
Deffinetly go braided, don't put the stock stuff back on and get the +2" this way if you ever go with A-arms you'll already have brake lines. You can route them to take up the extra length till then.:thumbsup:

·
LOOK UP IN THE SKY ITS A BIRD, A PLANE, THAT'S THE
547 Posts
Deffinetly go braided, don't put the stock stuff back on and get the +2" this way if you ever go with A-arms you'll already have brake lines. You can route them to take up the extra length till then.:thumbsup:
so who make's the braided lines for the raptor? plus they look better and no brake fade .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts