Raptor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Raptor piston rings went and piston is scared up pretty bad so im rebuilding. Currently running intake and exhaust. Want to add a little more power so i can beat my buddies but dont want a huge headache or a cazy build. Still just a hobby and dont need alot of inconvenience and i def dont wanna do this build again anytime soon due to $$$. Thinking of running hotcams stage 2and since im buying a piston kit anyway should i go with a 11.1 compression piston instead of stock? Can I run 93 octane gas with this setup or do i need race fuel for 11.1? Im getting mixed opinions. Also, would this require custom remaping the ecu with a programmer for proper air/fuel ratio? Thanks guys. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
598 Posts
Yes you can I run the same. It's a good setup if you like to ride trails like I do. Got plenty of power compared to stock

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Yeah it'll need a tune and 11:1 is pump gas safe you need a fuel controller.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok ill have to find a ocal place in the tampa bay area to tune it. Car dyno work? Also, whats a good fuel contoller thats not too much $?

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
A dobeck or ever how you spell it should work for that simple of a build. Chris in Bradenton can't find a good dyno in central Florida. There however is Walsh Race Craft in Live Oak Florida. It's about a 180 miles up 75 then 20 miles west on 10 worth the drive compared to other dyno's in the area. Walsh is well known for there mx quads and dirt bikes on the national circuit Good prices to. You gonna make our rally in September there's a few guys coming from that area.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool man. I figured there wouldnt be many places around here with a dyno for quads. Was gunna ask but i didnt think anyone on here was near me. Sry im a noob with all this tuning shit. You know what a custom tune like that would typicaly cost? Tying to get a ball park on the project. Baller on a budget man.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
I think I paid 140 for an hour but they usually cost about 2-250 put yours would be fairly easy to dail in since no head work just cam and piston the guys at Walsh are cool. Yeah there's a few people in the Tampa Bradenton over forwards Orlando Haines City way. The rally just click the under lined link in my signature and it'll tell ya everything.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
I had head big cam big bore piston bigger tb and injector they still got me close in an hour if I'd had more time and money itd been better but me and another guy split our time so it was like 140 each I think. I'll be back on their dyno soon maybe we can split time or get a multi quad discount.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts