Raptor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so I figure out my clutch is slipping after working on the adjustment I found out it is near the end of the adjustment. I was able to get more grip from the clutch but when it get hot it start to slip again. I'm think I need to redo my clutch my questions are :
1. what kind of clutch should I buy ? (brand name, I saw this DP brand on Amazon is it good ?)
2. is there any special adjustment I need to do ? (meaning anything that without the professional I will not be able to accomplish)
3. I have some mechanics skills but I'm not a pro will that be too hard to replace by myself ?
4. do I need to buy a new pressure plate ? what can happen to it ? it is need to be replace when broke only right ??

Thank you all

·
Registered
201 Posts
Mine is nearing the end as well. I really didn't notice until I rode my wife's raptor and saw hot much sooner her clutch grabbed. I had to adjust the actual clutch adjustment all the way in and adjust my lever 3/4 way out to get it right. I think you will need the friction plates, steel plates, and springs. Should cost you around $100 if you DIY.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Has anyone used Driven Industries clutches? Most of the reviews seem good and they claim 10% stronger springs and cork style friction disks. They have them on eBay for $25+shipping (around $70 retail). I think I will buy one and try it out.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I got a Tusk clutch kit from Rocky Mountain ATV for $41. I got one for a 07 YZ450F to get rid of the half fiber thats in the Raptor clutch.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
That's what I was gonna say throw away the half disc and replace it with a full disc. That's the weak part of the clutch. Also add stiffer/HD springs.

·
Registered
201 Posts
What is the big difference between the 450 and 700 clutches. I was told to order a 450 clutch because they were interchangable, and that's what I did. Do the disk just have more surface area?

Also is it th YZ450F or the YFZ450 clutch that's better?

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
There basicly the same other than one disc in the 700 is only half as thick as the 450 one alot of people just replace it before problems start that's the ones that know about it.

·
Registered
201 Posts
There basicly the same other than one disc in the 700 is only half as thick as the 450 one alot of people just replace it before problems start that's the ones that know about it.
So is that the YFZ450R or the YZ450F?

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
I'm not sure this guy can help you alot
HIGH DESERT DYNO
Mobile Dyno Service
951-743-6328
[email protected] WWW.HIGHDESERTDYNO.COM
Located in Hesperia and serving all of SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
Performance ATV parts and service
Specializing in tuning EFI ATV's, and dealing only the best parts for your ride from: Dynojet, DYNATEK, WEB, Hotcams, CP, RE, WK, WELLER, DMC and many many more!
...Yeah, But does it go FAST !?!
Team CUERVO/HDD

·
Registered
612 Posts
Its the YZ450F (dirtbike) not YFZ that you get the clutch for. I think the YFZ has the half fiber also just like the Raptor.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts