Raptor Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my buddy already has the big 3 mods..

Monster dual exhaust, intake and monster efi chip.

Hes now wanting to improve his chassis set up.

I figure some nice Alba A arms with the adjustable shock tab to run lt or standard travel would benefit him if he ever wants to change it up.

We where looking at metaltech a arms... but the adjust-ability on the alba's caught his attention

Tusk axel ( simple wider axel) never really saw the point in a fancy 400+ $ axel.. all the same imo

and he really hates the look of the stock swinger.... we where looking at getting a metaltech swingarm with a carrier.

My question is.... should he go a different length swing arm?

All he does is trail ride nothing more.

Future mods will be cams and possibly a high comp piston but nothing more then that...

any opinions and ideas are welcome!

I personally own a banshee... but I do all the shopping and modding for my buddy's in most cases lol.. its quite fun modding bikes for free and getting to try them...

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
Normally anything under 65 hp your good on a stock lenght anything over then you'll need to look at something longer. With the big 3 he dosn't need a longer one unless he really wants one. Brands it's all up to you. If he rides rocky trails you may want to look into a MGC a arm. I'm not familair with metatech or the alba a arms so I can't help you there.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea the alba a amrs are fairly new. they just hit the market a few months ago... I know a few guys in the banshee forum that are running them so far so good. I warned my buddy that their new but he seems to be alright with being a test dummy more or less.. though alba is a reputable company...

as for the a arms.. he was hoping to keep it within a budget... Metaltech usually does custom products for atv's. they do nice work and have good reputation also in the banshee world...

sounds good on the swinger... I forget where but I was reading about people running +1 or +2 swingers to help keep the bike down and still be fine for trails... but im starting to think the info I was reading was for a diff bike.

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
yea the alba a amrs are fairly new. they just hit the market a few months ago... I know a few guys in the banshee forum that are running them so far so good. I warned my buddy that their new but he seems to be alright with being a test dummy more or less.. though alba is a reputable company...

as for the a arms.. he was hoping to keep it within a budget... Metaltech usually does custom products for atv's. they do nice work and have good reputation also in the banshee world...

sounds good on the swinger... I forget where but I was reading about people running +1 or +2 swingers to help keep the bike down and still be fine for trails... but im starting to think the info I was reading was for a diff bike.
OK and for the length it goes the same for quads. I read some where someone said to go longer when your more than 65 hp other wise the front is coming up to much.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Wow Metal Tech seems to have some good prices on swingers

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So im able to get their swingarm from Wildcard racing for 395 bare of 445 PC black.. Im not sure if Im getting a better deal for the pc seeing im buying a good chunk of stuff through im but yea... some pretty solid prices...

445 for the swinger gloss black
160 for the carrier anodized red
50$ for the rear red SS brake line (give it some look over the stock one)

200 for a tusk axel

and for the a arms

551 shipped with +2 brake lines and brake line clamps
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/YAMAHA-RAPTO...Accessories&hash=item2c6459bc53#ht_3947wt_983

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a question on swing arms. I'm just getting back into the quad scene so I apoligize for sounding like a noobie. I was cruising through Ebay and theres a curved +4 swing arm. What is the intent of this being curved? I want to put a +4 on mine with anticipation of a stroker kit and some head work. I've read all the post in this forum but haven't seen anything about the curved swinger. Thanks for any info on this.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
shoot up the link.

From the sounds of it... its a arched swinger... generally made like that cause its a stronger more durable design...

there's probably more tech behind it but yea... I know A LOT of banshee guys run the arched swinger on drag set ups due to its strength from the way its made

Not to mention the arched swingers look bad ass

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just received a reply on my email to the builder and it's all about looks. It does look like an arched set of ladder bars. For $650 I'll pass! I was hopeing it gave me a longer travel.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts