Raptor Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
So it’s ok to ride my quad for an hour plus without a tuner? I’ve got an intake and exhaust…. It’s gonna be running pretty lean. What are symptoms of bad tuners?
I wouldn't do that.
I would unplug it and see if their are any noticeable changes aside from the obvious from running the stock map.
I have seen PC's cause several gremlins, or just die aside from powering on.

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Another question, does the tuner control fuel pressure?
The tuner/PC is simply telling the ecu to use it's a/f map instead of the stock map, which in most bolt-on builds is going to be within what the stock fuel pump can provide/pressure limit set in ecu and mechanical limit of the pump itself.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I wouldn't do that.
I would unplug it and see if their are any noticeable changes aside from the obvious from running the stock map.
I have seen PC's cause several gremlins, or just die aside from powering on.
That’s what I figured. Then how do I text my tuner

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
That’s what I figured. Then how do I text my tuner
I Would unplug it, to see if it runs rough from no tune/back to stock map, then plug it back in/reload the new map, and see if good idle and performance return.
I did not mean to ride it for an hour on the stock map.
Simple, yep, but about all you can really do to test them.
I still think it's the fuel pump.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
sooo…. Runs like a damn champ,
Now what would ya know.
the clutch is not fully disengaging,
This has been going on for a while but now it’s really bad. Lke first gear clutch pulled in idling it’ll walk forward pretty good and almost die and if your on an uphill slant it’ll almost die. K now I’ve read up and it said sticking plates, is there any chance my clutch just needs replaced completely, or is it really just an adjustment? should I try changing the oil? I have a buyer coming Tuesday so a quick fix is obviously preferred…

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
If I pull my clutch in, in first gear, quad NOT running, and try to push it, I can, but with resistance, but not fully locking like if I let it out. But definitely harder then pushing in neutral.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
This has really got me, it’s so inconsistent. Drove it home tonight and the clutch was being stupid but then was fine when I got back.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts