Raptor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey me and a few friends are organizing a big desert trip here in Egypt we need to know approximately how far can a raptor 700 go on a full tank and if we need bigger tanks so please which companies manufature them we also need heavy duty shocks the trip is going to be around 300km divided over 2 days the first we need to cross 200km 120 are mountains and the the rest is sand and arrive to an ecologe where someone will be waiting for us with fuel and we will spend the night at the ecologe and then on the second day we are supposed to cross another 100km of desert and Rockssss.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If there are any mods u would like to recomend for this trip or for further trips it would be great

·
Registered
429 Posts
That's sounds like a good ride. I know my rappy with the stock tank uses about a full tank every 1.5 - 2.0 hours of solid riding at wheeler mx park in WI that is very sandy with a lot of elevation changes and hills. I'm not sure if any one makes an over sized tank yet IMS and Acerbis makes tanks for other machines. You will definately want a 6ply tire instead of the stock dunlops! You may want to consider an over sized grab bar that can haul gas cans?? Maybe a support vehicle??

·
Registered
357 Posts
There are a few questions.

Do you have mods?

What are the other quads that are going?

The first half of the trip is 124 miles. If you can maintain 40mph you should be able to do the trip in 3.1 hours of riding. If it's up and down and twisting curves I'm sure you will be wasting more gas and it will take longer. So, I'd just strap on a extra gas tank to carry with.

As for shocks, stockers will work fine. If you have SE shocks it will be more comfortable for a long ride like that.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
for the trip weve got 3 700's and a 660 with lte dual exhaust and a jet kit and i wanna know the distance in miles or kilometers that they can cross we have done a training trip but with 3 660 and a 700SE i l post the pics

·
Registered
365 Posts
Smahmoud,

What's the weather like in Egypt?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts