Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! i have a raptor 700 with air filter,adaptor pro desing and dynatec fuel manager! my guestion is what is the best exhaust for this bike! i like ct racing,rossier,motoworks but i need help to choose!

·
Registered
429 Posts
personally I love the look of dual exhaust I would get Monster or Barkers. I got the 3 mod Monster package with a 15 tooth sprocket and I Kicked the ass of 450 s and they use to kick my ass made a huge difference, raptor are pretty much the only quad that can go dual in 4 strokes, so think about it.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Hi! i have a raptor 700 with air filter,adaptor pro desing and dynatec fuel manager! my guestion is what is the best exhaust for this bike! i like ct racing,rossier,motoworks but i need help to choose!
This ? has been coverd a hundred times already, do a search there is a lot of info on this subject. From what I have seen and learned over the 2 years of owning a raptor is, DMC's and Barkers so far have proven to put out the most HP gains.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you very much! if you know with dual barker the dynatec ful manager what is the correct position (low),(med),(high)?

·
Modding Maniac
3,052 Posts
This ? has been coverd a hundred times already, do a search there is a lot of info on this subject. From what I have seen and learned over the 2 years of owning a raptor is, DMC's and Barkers so far have proven to put out the most HP gains.
The new ones that are supposed to offer a little more HP, or so they say, is the DASA Duals.

The exhaust choice is also beneficial to the plans you have for your bike. If your looking for a single I would say go with the Sparks XX6 and if you go duals I would say the Barkers or DASA

·
Registered
638 Posts
You will get 500 different opinions. My $0.02 is that you should get the Curtis Sparks Big Core or the XX6. It is a single out, baddest sounding exhaust IMO that will lighten up your bike by 7 LB and still get you VERY close to dual power. Plus these fit without issues like hitting the frame and burning up wiring!!!! Again, this is my opinion and I am sure I will get people who pray to the dual exhaust gods bashing this, but again, they make a million different exhausts for this bike because people have different preferences.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Thank you very much! if you know with dual barker the dynatec ful manager what is the correct position (low),(med),(high)?
if your going to buy an exhaust and a fuel controller might as well do the 3 mod and save money overall. personally I like Monster better. Not that I want to say anything about barkers. but clamps and the way it goes through wires my opinion looks cheap and ppl that say barker pulls more hp well I dont agree to that. in bluethrax it cleary says monster pull more peek hp, but barker has a lil bit more overall torque, but monster has higher mid torque but rest is a lil lower. to me thats pretty much a tie and if you go single well I dont know nothing about those. hope this might help

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Single look into Ron woods or sparks xx6 drag or mx pipe.

·
Registered
400 Posts
The new ones that are supposed to offer a little more HP, or so they say, is the DASA Duals.

The exhaust choice is also beneficial to the plans you have for your bike. If your looking for a single I would say go with the Sparks XX6 and if you go duals I would say the Barkers or DASA
I talked to the guy that just finished my Raptor and he said that he has payed around with the dasa's a little bit and so far has not seen the gain that has been claimed. I really wish someone would do a shoot out on all the big HP pipes.

If anyone finds a sight that is testing all these exhaust systems, Please post it!!

·
Registered
400 Posts
I went DMC Force 4 Duals. I couldnt be happier
If those are the megaphone system then good choice them or the Barkers and maybe the Dasa's are worth having.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
I am going to say buy what you want for your bike man you have to ride it. For a powerful single that is easy on the ears go with the Rossier or Sparks X6, if you want power out of a single and don't care about sound Sparks XXx hands down. As for duals just pick one if the dasa's do make more power then hooray for me and every other guy that gets them or has them but I'm sure as far as duals go they all make about the same amount of power, and for manufacturing I don't know which sets are mostly manufactured by machines and which ones are built by hand. With duals it comes down to which set you like the most, they each have their own sound and styling so pick the the exhaust that you think would look the best and work the best for you.

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
I talked to the guy that just finished my Raptor and he said that he has payed around with the dasa's a little bit and so far has not seen the gain that has been claimed. I really wish someone would do a shoot out on all the big HP pipes.

If anyone finds a sight that is testing all these exhaust systems, Please post it!!
i got the big 3 with barkers, if anyone with DASA is at the St. A's rally ill see how they run against eachother!:wootwoot:

·
Registered
153 Posts
I just bougth dmc force 4's and the mount very nice and have a great sound. I was going to get the barkers but i didn't want to pay extra for the billet clamp which everyone says is a must.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I just picked up my retuned Raptor with a set of Barker duels, they made 7 more peak HP then my old DMC's(comp4's I think) But I'm not at all happy with the way they mount on. They rub in several places and the old clamp system SUCKS!! Even with the new style clamps I don't think they will mount as nice as the DMC's or maybe Dasa's, But they really do perform!!!!
Any one know where to get the new clamps at. I looked on barkers web sight but did not see the clamps or the price on there.
Thanks

·
Registered
749 Posts
cbull -- i can't speak as to the fitment of the barkers versus the others, but when my bf installed my barkers it took about 2 times of slight readjusting and now the exhaust doesn't touch anywhere on the frame (right or left side). hmm, my guess would be you could buy the billet clamps anywhere that sells barkers ?

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Yeah you could get'em from tqsatv! If they arent fitting right then i would send'em back. Each set isa lil different! And the billet clamps are a must. Mine fit perfect, and they are solid.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
I also own a set of dasa duals that i have never used. I dont like painted cans, and the chromed tips look kinda gay imo. Paint and chrome eventually flake off. Theres no paint on my barkers at all except for the logos and they r only five bucks each.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts