Raptor Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i've been stalking the forum for about a week or two and here is my first post...I'd like to thank anyone in advance that can help me with my this issue. Basically i'm having a problem with my fan not working, so i have been doing a little trouble shooting. Now keep in mind i'm far from a mechanic but I do have general knowledge when it comes to mechanics lol. So i stumble upon this white plug with nothing attached to it and also a cobbed wire set up that runs to a black plug located behind the radiator and up to the light switch box. I have a feeling that this may have something to do with the fan not working and i'm wondering if anyone can tell me if the black plug behind the radiator runs to the fuses or relay? What goes to the white plug? And why would they splice it into the wires that go to the light switch/push start box? Could this be my fan issue? Any help would be greatly appreciate...oh and i just got my 2006 Raptor 700 two weeks ago so its very new to me still. I attached a few pics I hope they help!

Attachments

·
A-10 Crew Chief
1,143 Posts
The first picture looks like the plug that goes to your dash lights on your hood...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hahaha i'm an idiot! that white plug is def the plug that goes to the dash panel...now i just need to figure out why they ran their own wiring to the lights box and the black plug-in behind the radiator. Oh and why my fan isnt working, which was my original project. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Does it work when the lights are on? Ive heard of people wiring their fan to the light switch to control it. May be there was a problem with the relay or wiring somewhere and they bypassed it for some reason. I have been having fan problems for a while now, so ive read every fan post on this site.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does it work when the lights are on? Ive heard of people wiring their fan to the light switch to control it. May be there was a problem with the relay or wiring somewhere and they bypassed it for some reason. I have been having fan problems for a while now, so ive read every fan post on this site.
I was wondering if they might have wired it to the lights, but i wont be able to tell until my new fan comes in...It turns out the fan is shot, but luckily i found a used one on ebay for 45 bucks. It's possible that maybe my raptor used to have a kill switch, that could explain the wire set up possibly. Either way i'm hoping for no more suprises..i bought it three weeks ago and have only rode it once!

·
Registered
99 Posts
You can ride it with out the fan, i havent had mine working for almost a year and it never gets hot

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You can ride it with out the fan, i havent had mine working for almost a year and it never gets hot
I don't know if i wanna take the chance really...I only rode it for like 20-30 minutes and my temp. light came on already. I mean i was puttin around but i'd feel a whole lot better if everything worked as it was supposed to

·
Registered
951 Posts
Just wondering if anyone on here has tried the spal fans or any of the other high flow fans. I need more air flow to keep my raptor cool. I need feedback on the high flow fans (good or bad) so I can make an informed decision if I need to keep the stocker or purchase one of the high flow ones. Thanks.

·
Registered
99 Posts
If your temp light is coming on after a few minutes then there is another problem. Here in north texas is been over 100 for 50 stright days. I ride at least 5 hours a week in all conditions and have never seen the temp light come on. I never even here the radiator make any bubbling sounds or anything in the over flow. Thats just my opinion. I to want mine to work. My fan works but i get a code 51 (fan motor relay), so i replaced it but still nothing. Did you check the circuit breaker?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I dont think it was plugged in all the way. I did make sure it was connected after I rode it tho. Would that throw the light on like that if it wasnt? I had a 01 400ex before this so its kinda night and day to me right now. Learning as much as I can as fast as I can about the Raptor

1 - 12 of 12 Posts