Raptor Forum banner
41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Clutch problems

Hello i am new to this forum. I was wondering if anyone could help me out with my raptor 700. When the quad is running it shifts fine and clutch ingages just fine when i shut it off the quad will roll in nuetral like it should but when i stick it in gear and pull clutch in it wont let me push it anymore. Any Suggestions? any help is good help thank you

·
Registered
3 Posts
lot of great information here thanks. I have a question for ya though. I am having a high comp piston, HOT Cam stage 3, FCI intake, barker duels, power commander, and some port and polish work done to my 08' raptor 700. I am having all this done while I am here in Iraq for when I get home. Will I need to change out my radiator due to cooling problems or will the factory one suffice?

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
Yeah man this site is an excellent resource for us rappy guys! And there is a lot of great guys on here that just like to BS so that makes it a fun pastime.

·
Registered
1 Posts
OK I saw this on an LT-R450 forum and decided to try to make one on here since its a good idea since people dont like to search anymore and i thought you guys would find it handy. This is a gigantic list of the FAQs that most people ask and talk about for the Raptor 700. Please feel free to pm me and tell me if i missed ANYTHING. Hope You like it :thumbsup:

Id also like to keep this on the 1st or 2nd page so that people who are newer to the forum can easily find threads that they need. Sticky maybe?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm new to the forum...this is a huge help! thx

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have a an 07 raptor 700 and im having a starting issue. i lost power and it shut down. it started back up and i rode another 1/4 mile and it shutdown again. it fired up 1 more time and istantly shut down. now the starter solenoid is just making a humming noise what could be my issue

·
Premium Member
2,230 Posts
Is the 700 manual up anywhere else? Those two links don't work "file not found"

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,388 Posts
not sure if i have the same problem, ive got an 07 raptor 700 pretty much stock have a stage 4 trinity kit which includes K&N,intake,full pipe and EFI was told by my mechanic that i could run av-gas and it would make my bike better due to low lead and no dirty blends like we get from pump gas. so i did,and for about 2 hours my bike ran fantastic better then ever and then all heck broke loose now it wont idle runs rough, and bogs out, smokes, from 0-mid throttle but wide open runs fine! whats wrong and did the av-gas do it! or is it the tps how can i find out without spending 118.00 dollars for a new tps
What does your spark look like? Put a new plug in and see if that helps. Av-gas is just that, for airplanes. Can be found in two octain levels depending what your air port has. 100LL and 110LL. Formulated to work at 2-3000 ft in your area, as well as a constant RPM. That means you "should" ride (fly) 2-3000 ft above your airport and use a set throttle position. Can you use it in motorcycles? Of course, I've done it for at least 20+ years, and it's been used before me!! In 2 strokes and 4 strokes. But I've only used it for the octain, and mixed it 00/00% with pump gas to get what ran best in my bikes. I try not to go over 50/50%. If I need more then I use race fuel, with or with out pump gas. Race fuel can be run straight or mixed with pump gas. Did you notice I used the words "fuel" and "gas"? They are not the same.
Sorry, I got carried away. I dont think the av-gas caused a problem unless the lead pluged your injector (long shot). But your symptons would be reversed! You may have some other problem not related to av-gas. Try a new spark plug and pump gas. Run more then 1 lap around the house. May clean out by itself.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Want to change the color of my raptor...

Hey there everyone..New to this forum thingy. So bare with me. I have a 2012 Raptor 700 that is blue...I would like to change it to pink.Also just got a bunch of new riding gear for Christmas that is black and pink..Is that possible? :):)Merry Christmas Everyone!!!

·
Premium Member
15,624 Posts
Got the other version of this page, but forgot to unstick this one. Thanks for pointing it out.

A software "update" broke all of the links without recourse to resolve them and as such this page is no longer useful.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Are they somewhere else?

41 - 60 of 67 Posts