Raptor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey anyone know of any where i can get raptor 700 reservoir front shocks off a part out or a good after market shock that is pretty adjustable and fit stock a-arms without breaking the bank? (preferably with reservoir)

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
KBmotorsportsonline.com! FTW Ken knows it all and has the best prices.
well i dont really want to pay over like 500 for them so 1200 dollar shocks are a little out of my price range.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I really dont want to have the front lowered like the yfz shocks do though i want to keep stock ride height if possible

·
Premium Member
3,478 Posts
The last 2 shocks that rappyfreak listed would not lower your ride height. The YFZ450X has a slightly longer shock setup. The R model is long travel and would not work in stock a-arms...basically look for shocks around 16". The X looks to be around 17 which can be lowered a bit.

·
Registered
156 Posts
You may check the cycle salvage places. http://bentbikemotorcycles.com/index.php
for instance there was bins and bins of good looking shocks. from all types of quads. just look around. call your local bike shops and dont be afraid to make a few calls.. Just like asking out a pretty girl. The answer is always no if you don't ask. I needed a factory replacement for a banshee and I got a used as is one for 150 bucks. bolted right in and with a few dials set it up for my gal friend and off to the dunes we went.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so do you have to get yfz450x shocks rebuilt to put them on a raptor 700? because that is what ive heard so that they fit

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Nope, you don't have to rebuild now, you might need to tower the preload a bit so as not to be too high up front but they will work nicely. When you get the money to revalve and respring these shocks they are some of the best stock shocks out there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts