Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to get HC2's for my raptor 700. I already have duals, intake, and Dobeck style Fuel Controller. Do I need anything else after I install these. I am not really sure what the HC2's do, other than more low end power. What exactly do they do and do they lower the re-sale value. Also will I need anything else, or do I just install this and go?!? I am assuming that HC2's are what I want for trail riding and dirt drag racing sometimes. Not really wanting to do any other engine mods. Anything else I should know, good or bad, about the HC2

Thanks!

·
Registered
53 Posts
It won't lower the value of the quad. It will run better. I would try and get your quad on a dyno to get more out of your mods. You've spent 800-900, another 125 for a tune can get you 5 more hidden hp.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah but I need to get a PC3 or PC5 in order to do that. My DMC Fuel Controller is already set up for my exhaust and intake. Not planning on doing much more until a little further down the line. I am new to this and I am trying to learn how to do all this myself. Its been fun so far but I dont want to jump into a lot of complicated engine work without knowing a little about what the hell I'm doing haha.

·
Registered
64 Posts
If your doing HC2 then you may aswell do a higher comp piston as well. Will run alot better that way. Most people do cam and piston at the same time

·
Registered
598 Posts
I did Dmc duals, pclll, intake, hc2, je 11:1 piston. I do the same riding you do trails and drags.

It's an amazing difference in power.(I'm sure nothing like alot of guys on here but still yet) I recommend doing both because you will want to after you put the cam in trust me, I did. If you haven't already, think about a 15t front sprocket.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I'll prolly think about doing the pistons when I do my cams, because Like y'all say I'll want to do my pistons next! I am actually running a 13t front sprocket right now because I have 22" razr maxxis II tires that are heavy!

·
Registered
555 Posts
+1 on adding some compression. The TQS (CP) 11.5 is a very popular choice and I believe Steve has filled all the back orders now so there should be some in stock.

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
Texas it looks like your going to do what I plan on doing next winter. I was planning on going with hc3 and a 11.5:1 cp piston and a +3 throttle body boreing. Someone mentioned a mild porting but I'm not sure about that. Theres nothing to complicated with it since its all up top. Also when you do your cam your going to have to reshim your valves to get them back to spec. I'm not sure if this is true but some one was saying with that kind of set up you should be about 60hp give or take a little.

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
Wobble thanks I would have been trying to figure out how the hell you do it. Is there any thing special you have to do to make sure the valves are in spec?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks! yeah I found that video on youtube earlier haha. I guess If I am going to go with the HC2 install I am going to have to get rid of my DMC EFI Controller and switch to a PC3 or do you think I could get it right with the DMC EFI Controller?

1 - 20 of 67 Posts