Raptor Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there can anyone help the problem is its not sparking properly iv put a new plug in tryed another plug and it sparks odd times and they are faint but now it dont spark at all i have power at the coil and on the end of the ht lead i have power some thing like 11 volts and when i fire it it goes to 10 ish i have checked all of the fuses checked all joints in wires and checked if there was any loose ones from the ecu but no it happend when i was riding just dieing when i put power on stalling so i had to ride home just on the biteing point i have had the spark lamp on it and i get nothing now not one flash some body told me it could be the starter coil so iv changed that but no change it turns over the fuel pump comes on and the starter motor turns ok but just no spark i have also just tryed my mates cdi and thats ok i have been told it could be the stator but im just wondering if it could be anything else its been a few weeks now and i can find it what ever it isi hate eletrics thanks hope any1 can help

·
Pity is freely given, Jealousy is earned
264 Posts
any codes showing on engine indicator light?
What he is talking about is on your dash light. The engine light will flash in a sequence that gives you an error code. Some thing like 3 slow flashes followed by 4 fast flashed. That would be code 34 . Then look in the maunal to see what that code means.

Is your battery fully charged ?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What he is talking about is on your dash light. The engine light will flash in a sequence that gives you an error code. Some thing like 3 slow flashes followed by 4 fast flashed. That would be code 34 . Then look in the maunal to see what that code means.

Is your battery fully charged ?
Hi mate.When i put the ignition on the engine light just lights up as normal with no flashes??

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
check your plug wire in the boot and going into the coil. Then put a plug in the boot and put it aginst the exhaust crank it over see if u have spark. Make sure your kill switch isnt off either.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
check your plug wire in the boot and going into the coil. Then put a plug in the boot and put it aginst the exhaust crank it over see if u have spark. Make sure your kill switch isnt off either.
I've tried that mate,but still not sparking I've swapped the ecu with a mates I've swapped the battery's over, I've swapped the CID over even put a new ht lead and plug but still not a spark in sight?
Proper annoying now.i don't know what to try next?

·
Registered
615 Posts
I doubt it is the stator since your not getting a spark. Did you check the crankshaft position sensor or the lean angle sensor? There is a link on the forum to download the service manual, it has a pretty good flow chart in it for diagnosing the ignition system and the proper tolerances for the coil, battery, and sensors. I would check that out.

Here is a link to the thread to download the service manual

http://www.raptorforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34

·
The UK's fastest Raptor
1,188 Posts
sorry to keep aksing questions bud, but your bike is road legal yeah? so the left hand switch gear has indicators and everything on it and no kill switch? and you turn the bike off by switching the ignition?

If this is the case them somewhere deep under the hood they'll be the old wires for the original kill switch. If I remember rightly then they should be connected together. Might be worth checking they still are.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I doubt it is the stator since your not getting a spark. Did you check the crankshaft position sensor or the lean angle sensor? There is a link on the forum to download the service manual, it has a pretty good flow chart in it for diagnosing the ignition system and the proper tolerances for the coil, battery, and sensors. I would check that out.

Here is a link to the thread to download the service manual

http://www.raptorforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34
Thanks I will check it out.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
sorry to keep aksing questions bud, but your bike is road legal yeah? so the left hand switch gear has indicators and everything on it and no kill switch? and you turn the bike off by switching the ignition?

If this is the case them somewhere deep under the hood they'll be the old wires for the original kill switch. If I remember rightly then they should be connected together. Might be worth checking they still are.
Yes bud it's road legal with kill switch on handlebars but I've checked that.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Problem solved.after I changed near enough every part and still not getting anywhere, the only part left was the stator.on removal of the stator I found small metal filings around the crank pick up sensor.i cleaned it up and yeahaa back in business.
Thanks to all the replies on this one.

·
The UK's fastest Raptor
1,188 Posts
Well done mate.

It's good when people find the problem and post on here as we all learn something that might be useful in future. I learn most about what breaks on quads from my mate's Poolaris predator :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts