Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know how many Yellow and Black 700 Raptors were built? Is there a way to find out what number in production I have?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I am sure there is a way....I just dont know how :3question:

....why?

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
I'm sure the serial number on the frame would be able to tell you if you could figure it out... :eek:

·
Registered
93 Posts
I think just three, yours and mine and booms.. the rumor is they were too fast for the public so they pulled them from production and went back to the regular speed ones... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
LHCRAPPY said:
I think just three, yours and mine and booms.. the rumor is they were too fast for the public so they pulled them from production and went back to the regular speed ones... :thumbsup:

well yeah....we got those "special CDI units"!

I am pretty sure its in the frame code. I know when the yfz's first started coming out, most of the first run were white/red ones. The blue ones all had later frame numbers (except maybe the first 10 units made that were for demo's).

I am sure this is how they do the 700's too. I doubt they go blue, yellow, white, blue yellow white.....ect. I am sure they do a big run of white, then a big run of blue, than yellow. I am willing to bet anyone that bought there quad in 06 and has an SE has a later date than the white or blue models.
They got to buld these things in runs....it only makes sense.

·
Registered
584 Posts
And me, 022929 are my last 6 digits on the serial #. Usually that tells the production # some way.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Blownhotrodder said:
And me, 022929 are my last 6 digits on the serial #. Usually that tells the production # some way.
That would be what number you have, sequentially. There were 22,928 made before yours. Mine is 016480, and the ladies is 016523. You have a waaay newer one than both of ours.

My 04 yfz which was the first blue on in eastern washington had an early number 003041. Probably one of the earliest blues made, as like I said the white/red ones were the first runs.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Yeah I got mine in Nov. Had the good fuel pump and the bullett connectors were fine too.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Blownhotrodder said:
Yeah I got mine in Nov. Had the good fuel pump and the bullett connectors were fine too.
Both of mine were fine as well. I think those problems were mostly on the early ones. I never heard of the SE having either problem.....and I think its because the SE's were already 16,000+ deap.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I have an early 06' You know, the faster blue ones they made before the guys in black helicopters made Yamaha slow them down. That's why they came out with all the fancy colors so they could still sell them without the more powerful carbon fiber powerband.

Anyway, I think mine is an early 12,000 serial number and it had the bad fuel pump and the loose bullet connectors.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Just a reminder before everyone gets caught up in the numbers: SE is not the same as LE (Limited Edition). Ours are truly special because they are the 50th anniversary edition.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Headrope said:
Just a reminder before everyone gets caught up in the numbers: SE is not the same as LE (Limited Edition). Ours are truly special because they are the 50th anniversary edition.
Yes they are, thats why they made them so special and in not so "limited" numbers!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Ok someone needs to clue me in on the bad fuel pumps and the ( loose bullet connectors )?! This is news to me so I am curious on whats up. I got mine at the beginning of March. cool,thx. J

·
Registered
584 Posts
One of the stickies on the top of the page I think in the discussion forum addresses this. Basically the fuel pump would hydrolock in northern climates and the bullett connectors for the electric fan were on some units not tightly connected and would cause the fan to not work.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
RaptecJ said:
Ok someone needs to clue me in on the bad fuel pumps and the ( loose bullet connectors )?! This is news to me so I am curious on whats up. I got mine at the beginning of March. cool,thx. J

I doubt yours has the old pump or the fan connection problem. Whats your frame number.

I have yet to hear of a 06 SE having a problem....they were a later run than the blue/white.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So is 135boom a JLG thing?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.