Raptor Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

ive seen many people Seafoam there cars and there bikes but i wanted to ask if anybody has used Seafoam on their raptor, i have been running on a bad map on my PCV , so i think my injectors and valves are dirty im losing performance since i first got the big 3 . I use to get 148 kmh easy now im on 139 kmh very hard.

·
Registered
437 Posts
ive never done it but they do it to bikes so i dont see why it wouldnt work on a raptor

·
Registered
749 Posts
seems to be really popular for snowmobiles for summer storage so that's what i used, and then i used it for storage this winter on my raptor as a stabilizer. not sure how well it will clean injections and so forth, but it seems to be safe for everything and is very well recommended from my research online. even boat people use it.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Seafoam is a great product I use it in my Raptor, other ATV's, MX bikes, snowmobiles, all my cars, and pretty much everything I own with a motor.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I use it all the time and never had a problem, I always add just a little (less than they recommend, its on the expensive side) when I fill up my fuel tanks as well as a little sta-bil marine (ethanol treatment) I run this it in everything I have four stroke from the raptor 700 to my generator, snow thrower, pressure washer, tractor as well as all my 2 strokes from a 40hp mariner outboard (yamaha built), 7.5 Johnson outboard, trimmers, blowers, chain saws, etc. Never had any problems seems to make everything easier to start and give me peace of mind from moisture and ethanol. All the boat magazines and boat guys I know recommend it thats why I started using it and I would recommend it too.

I did the "full" treatment to my old truck I used to have once, it was a 1998 dodge with the 318 ci motor in it, poured it in the vacuum hose while running until it stalled and split the rest between the oil and the fuel. When I started it back up it smoked real bad for ten or fifteen minutes and the check engine light came on but went back off after thirty minutes or so. I guess it was burning off carbon like its supposed to but it could have just been burning the seafoam, I don't think it would have smoked that long if it was just burning the seafoam.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Don't use it too much, my buddy went crazy with it in his YFZ and ate his head gasket right off..

·
Registered
17,851 Posts
aren't head gaskets metal? ???

so couldn't this happen to anything that you used it in.. in which case, it'd probably be bad to use in anything?

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
was it possible his head gasket was already weak before?

·
Registered
594 Posts
Don't use it too much, my buddy went crazy with it in his YFZ and ate his head gasket right off..
This seems highly unlikely

1 - 12 of 12 Posts