Raptor Forum banner

21 - 40 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
great info, I've noticed that my fan hasn't came on once since I've owned my quad... I'll have to pop open the seat and take a look. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Glad it helped. :thumbsup: The fan deal is uper simple to fix.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
no problem :thumbsup:

·
Registered
19 Posts
HOLY CRAP, I HAVE A FAN!! this was indeed the problem... I however pushed them together and noticed the fan still not working. Finally I just cut yamaha's butt connectors off and used my own perminate ones... bam, fan works like it should now... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I seriously considered soldering the connection together but haven't. Mine is working fine since I locked them together. This issue seems to be VERY widespread.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
At least it's an easy fix.

·
Registered
120 Posts
just checked, had the connector problem. fixed it
also have the older pump. are they replacing them?? warrenty's expired

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
It's possible but doubtful. The problem or should I say potential problem, is apparently not serious enough to utilize a recall. The best advice I can give is to talk to your dealer.

·
Registered
43 Posts
stlraptor said:
First and foremost, thanks a bunch!!

1. got the "good" fuel pump.

2. found the two connectors this morning, looked like they might not be all the way together. Shoved them together, went riding all day, and WOW, I have a fan.
Now this pissed me off because the "experts" at the dealership told me they checked front to back and found NOTHING wrong with the fan. In fact, I think we are going to have a little chat about their $899 extended RIP-OFF!!

Anyway, thanks for sharing great info, and one last thing...where is the TPS sensor plug so I can check it out??

Thanks
Very well written, the dealer seems like they are full of sh%$ sometimes and it comes at our cost. The problem with people lie not in their ingnorance, but what they know that is not so. Clearly, dealerships and service departments are completely incompetant at times when it comes to solving problems. Fortunately, this forum can establish some degree of accountability.

·
Registered
22 Posts
brought home my raptor last september and read your posts and checked mine and sure enough, clear over here in central oregon my electrical terminals were both partially plugged in that go to the fan relay. thanks for the info.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Just checked my fan wires on my Calif. SE 700 and they were fine. Thanks for the info, better to be safe than sorry.

S

·
0 Posts
Just checkd mine and they were not connected all of the way. Fuel pump is okay. Thanks for the post.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I made a ride yesterday, fan was ok it comes on a few times, but after about 2 hours of riding I shutoff the atv and when come the time to start it it don't want to start, I think it was the vapor lock problem, to statr it I put the atv in a Slope and It start very well!!!! Anyone know if its the fuel pump the problem???

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
sikraptor700 said:
I fixed my fan plugs and my fan still hasnt come on, I migh cut them off and put new connectors on.
In that case I would cut the connectors out and solder them together, or use blade connectors. Just remeber to tape them up or better yet use heat shrink tubing.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Just checked mine and they were not together all they way also. Where do you check to see if the fuel pump is the right one. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The fan was the first thing for me to check and it appears that it had already been done by the previous owner. Still the fan doesnt come on so I think that I will replace them with some blade connectors. Thanks for the write up.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I had the "bad" fuel pump but never experianced the problem. I took my bike to the dealer along with print outs of the service bullitin posted on this sight and they changed it out under warranty "just in case" so I don't have a problem later

21 - 40 of 74 Posts