Raptor Forum banner

41 - 60 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
BadRap said:
Just checked mine and they were not together all they way also. Where do you check to see if the fuel pump is the right one. Thanks for the info.
Just remove the fuel tank cover. Look at the big white circle on top of the tank. That is the fuel pump. The part number is molded into the plastic.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Before all you guys go changing plug connectors and fans etc..
let the quad sit and idle for a while ..
and physically look for the fan to come on..
Mine has never come on while riding ever
but I let it sit there for a long while while running and sure enough
it came on..

the quad will run 95% of the time and it will never come on

·
Registered
129 Posts
I've been wondering about that. I fixed the connectors on the back of the quad but to the best of my knowledge, the fan has NEVER come on. Now, I ride in Maine so it's not like it's 100 degrees when I ride either. I have just been curious if it works or not.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Hippy said:
Before all you guys go changing plug connectors and fans etc..
let the quad sit and idle for a while ..
and physically look for the fan to come on..
Mine has never come on while riding ever
but I let it sit there for a long while while running and sure enough
it came on..

the quad will run 95% of the time and it will never come on
The connector fix is just too simple to ignore and not check...

·
Registered
38 Posts
i just bought an 07 raptor 700 a couple of weeks ago and was just wondering if anyone knew of any issues with this years model and if last years issues are taken care of on the 07's.
thanks

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
after riding mine today, i checked to see if it was connected, and sure enought, it was fine. after riding a little while longer, in very dusty conditions, it kicked on and it worked fine.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I have an '06, but am unsure of how "old" it is...I'd guess it's a newer one since I just got it a few weeks ago, but who knows. Anyway, I just checked both of these items. The connectors were pushed in tight. The pump, however, I'm not sure if I have the "new" one or not. The P/N is 1S3-13907-02...which doesn't have the last "-00"...so does this mean it IS the problem or not? It also has an add'l P/N under that of 292020-0032

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
ChiknNutz said:
I have an '06, but am unsure of how "old" it is...I'd guess it's a newer one since I just got it a few weeks ago, but who knows. Anyway, I just checked both of these items. The connectors were pushed in tight. The pump, however, I'm not sure if I have the "new" one or not. The P/N is 1S3-13907-02...which doesn't have the last "-00"...so does this mean it IS the problem or not? It also has an add'l P/N under that of 292020-0032
I think that is the good pump. Several have said (mine included) that theirs doesnt have the 00 on the end. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
11 Posts
im a newbie (by the why this is a great forum lot of good info) i also had the fan issue. asked the dealer her in arlington Wa. they said there has been no issues with the fan wireing they told me to bring it in. of course my warranty was up .that would have cost me but you guys saved my a$$ : thanks

·
Registered
572 Posts
SMTRDSPORT said:
great info, I've noticed that my fan hasn't came on once since I've owned my quad... I'll have to pop open the seat and take a look. Thanks!
i dont think i ever heard my fan either..it is now winter time but im sure with a good hard beating it should come on?/ i hear my buddy's 450r quadracer come on every couple minutes,but mine never...ill look for the connectors.

·
Registered
120 Posts
i have a 07 se raptor and i hope they fixed all the problems..but i checked the fan connection and they were connected fine...but what is that little clear plastic pouch with the black thing inside coming from the wires for? does it sense temperature? only reason i ask is because when i put eevertyhing back i used electrical tape and taped up the wires the outer pouch air/water tight..just wondering if i need to let the thing breath..thks

·
Registered
572 Posts
i had to pull the plastic off my bike so i looked for the bullet connectors for the fan while i was at it. i found the tape un taped it and found the 2 bullet connectors. they were pushed in all the way . i NEVER hear my fan come on at all ever, and what is the tail at the end of those connectors? is it some flat plastic loop/etc? is there a test i can do easy to make sure it comes on?can i put the 2 connectors together to trick the fan to come on? :3question:

·
Registered
33 Posts
I checked my connection.. looked ok to me.. as many have mentioned before. i myself havn't heard my fan either. is there a certain time that it comes on.. would it be a good idea to replace the connectors with the sissor type connecters

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Vanilla_Gorilla said:
I checked my connection.. looked ok to me.. as many have mentioned before. i myself havn't heard my fan either. is there a certain time that it comes on.. would it be a good idea to replace the connectors with the sissor type connecters
The connectors may look ok. Mine did to but then I pushed them together and they popped in place like they are supposed to be. This issue should only be on earlier 06 models. The Raptor runs fairly cool so the fan doesn't run very often.

The only way to tell for sure if your fan is fried is to use a meter. It is hard to get the fan to run just sitting idle.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I have the bad pump. :mad:

Oh well, never had a problem with it. I also had the fan problem, was tricky getting to it but once I did it was no problem. I still havent heard the fan come on but it should once it starts heating up again.

·
Registered
580 Posts
bberck said:
ChiknNutz said:
I think that is the good pump. Several have said (mine included) that theirs doesnt have the 00 on the end. :thumbsup:
Whew! Mine doesn't have the last -00 on it either but I guess that's ok! It DID however have the partially plugged in fan connectors... so I pushed them together the whole way and taped the hell out of them. Just to be sure, has anyone that is missing the last -00 had any problems? I'm still under the 6 month factory warranty so I was to make sure I catch it now! Thanks guys!

·
Registered
1 Posts
well this being my first post on the site ive been reading for a few weeks now . a lot of information to absorb. anyway i bought my 700 last march and it has always run hot during 2nd gear trail riding, the fan is constantly on. other than that its never on. two weeks ago we went to glamis for a week and i noticed no fan...i dont know when but it fried , the new one is only 135 american and arrives this tues

i also had my water pump go out in five months (under warranty) and since they fixed it i have to keep adding coolant to the resevior..
i cant figure it out and our local shop went out of business.

anyone esle with these issues??

41 - 60 of 74 Posts