Raptor Forum banner

61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Banned
47 Posts
fan kick on and off at 215 f

the raptor fan usually dosen't kick on unless you let it idle a long time, for those of you who have a trail tech vapor with the temperature sensor, let it idle and let it hit 215 degrees, now thats if you have the sensor mountee in the lower raidator hose, thats the cooler temp part. For those of you who don't have a temp sensor or guage, let it idle for about 15 minutes if its cold maybe 20, and i its already warmed up, let it idle around 8 minutes, when the header pipes glow orange/red thats about when the fan will kick on, to see the glow however it must be totally dark.

mine dosen't kick on unless it idles along time, they have a great cooling system!!!! Alot of yamaha's like for example the oil cooled 350 2007 wolverine, those run alot even at winter time when your driving it threw -20 f weather.

thanks
craig

·
Registered
94 Posts
well this being my first post on the site ive been reading for a few weeks now . a lot of information to absorb. anyway i bought my 700 last march and it has always run hot during 2nd gear trail riding, the fan is constantly on. other than that its never on. two weeks ago we went to glamis for a week and i noticed no fan...i dont know when but it fried , the new one is only 135 american and arrives this tues

i also had my water pump go out in five months (under warranty) and since they fixed it i have to keep adding coolant to the resevior..
i cant figure it out and our local shop went out of business.

anyone esle with these issues??
i had a pump after 6 months under warranty well seals first then still droping water out of the weep off pipe so they fitted a whole brand new pump thats on an 07
ive seen a few run mid to low on the expansion tank marks they seem to get to there then stop dropping water .

·
Registered
36 Posts
My friend and I both have 07 700's, his fan went out and we thought he blew the radiator. Anyways, I check the bullet connectors and they were both correctly connected. I heard that you could unplug the fan and wire it direct to the battery and see if it works. I did this and it did not come on but when i checked it with the meter, it had great continuity... any ideas?

·
Registered
8 Posts
raptor 700 service bulletin

Where did you get the service bulletin you post on the 700 raptor fuel pump? I have contacted 2 dealerships and yamaha and they both told me nothing they can dew and im pretty much screwed. I told them about all you guys that have posted info on the fuel pumps and they told me you guys are full of shit. So any info you can give me that can help me get my extended warranty to pay for it.

Thanks,
Jason

·
Registered
109 Posts
send them a pm to get a faster response.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello

New to the forums

Bringing back a thread regarding the bad fuel pumps on early 2006 models. I have two bikes both are 06 and both have the 1S3-19307-01 fuel pump number. I have experienced the vapor lock issue that will not start when hot on one of the bikes.

Any update on success stories with dealers covering the replacement ?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
8,022 Posts
Hello

New to the forums

Bringing back a thread regarding the bad fuel pumps on early 2006 models. I have two bikes both are 06 and both have the 1S3-19307-01 fuel pump number. I have experienced the vapor lock issue that will not start when hot on one of the bikes.

Any update on success stories with dealers covering the replacement ?

Thanks
I am not sure dealers would replace the parts now on a bike thats 10 years old. Just buy a new one and be done with it. I have not had any issues on my 06.

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,059 Posts
If yours doesn't have a heat shield under the fuel tank, buy one from PartZilla for a newer year, or used from ebay.

WELCOME TO THE FORUM.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am not sure dealers would replace the parts now on a bike thats 10 years old. Just buy a new one and be done with it. I have not had any issues on my 06.
Thanks

I was just curious, because I know on a car with a faulty part they would replace.

I have never had a mechanical issue with and ATV, I have always been a Honda guy. These are my first Yamaha's so i'm just looking into potential issues with the 06 since it happened to me out in the middle if the dunes.

61 - 74 of 74 Posts