Raptor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey! i know this is a dumb question but i couldnt find anything about it, will raptor 700 front shocks fit a 660? everyone says how yfz shocks are a great upgrade and then i heard they were the same as the 700, so they should fit right?

thanks

·
Super Moderator
17,058 Posts
700 shocks are made for the same front end as the yfz so they will have similar dimensions and will bolt up to the 660. They are not, however, the same as oem yfz shocks and I have no idea if they're a worthwhile upgrade for the price.

·
Registered
176 Posts
arent the 700 shocks similar 660 shocks from the factory? I thought they didnt have ride height and bound/rebound adjustment, but the yfz's do (which is why most ppl go with the yfz shocks)

·
Registered
24 Posts
what about the rear shock?? will the rear shock of a 700 fit a 660?? I want to upgrate me 600 uspension with 450R fron shock but shince the 450 shocks wont fit will a 700 raptor be better??

·
Premium Member
3,166 Posts
what about the rear shock?? will the rear shock of a 700 fit a 660?? I want to upgrate me 600 uspension with 450R fron shock but shince the 450 shocks wont fit will a 700 raptor be better??
up until 2008 the 700 had front pogos just like the 660 then they switched to resivoir shock which is better but still not yfz quality. trx 450r front shock will work with some small modifications. the 700 rear shock can also be installed with some small mods...I think you have to redrill a hole in the linkage for the longer shock, but it is a major improvment

1 - 7 of 7 Posts