Raptor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i was wondering if yfz 450s use the same shocks in the front as the raptor 700 and if they dont are they as good or should i wait for a pair of true raptor 700 piggyback shocks.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
700 shocks are different but the 450 shocks are just as good if not better then the 700 IIRC. If you found some YFZ one I wouldn't hesitate getting them.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've got 450 front shocks on mine , They were on it when I bought it.
It has lowered the front a bit and with all the adjustments has made a big difference in handling compaired to the standard ones.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've got 450 front shocks on mine , They were on it when I bought it.
It has lowered the front a bit and with all the adjustments has made a big difference in handling compaired to the standard ones.
so that means it has better response to handling like the 450?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
also would you want the 18.25 inches or the 16 7/8 inches because there are two different size for the yfz they changed the lenth in 09-10?

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
The yfz450 will lower the quad, I had them but I got raptor rezzy shocks that I like better just because of the ground clearance. The YFZ450r will not work they will make the front higher but if you get a set of long travel a arms the YFZ450r should make it the right height same as the raptor shock.

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts