• Tusk Rear Axle

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys I want to start this thread with a poll to make it easy to decide with is the rigth choice for poeple who are looking to get more stability in the quad.
I want to hear some experienced voices here, in beneffit of everybody. I was wondering me, should I go +2 A-arms or +3 A-arms? why +3 looks to be much less popular than +2?
Standar travel shocks or long travel shocks?
Standard reservoir shocks ar enought or I should go for FOX evol 3 kashima shocks, or Elka stage 5 shocks? Im not in USA, so I cant send my shocks to Joagaca to rebuild them.
Also what about TUSK extender hubs for rear axle? How their perform? Can it be used in MX tracks or not? (not professional races)
Keep in maind Im most a trail rider and I want to start to use my quad in the street (I have slick tires and rims ready to switch when needed) and also I want to start doing some MX track rides.

So, the Poll options are:
A-Amrs:
+2
+3
Shocks:
Keep stock 700R reservoir shocks
Fox Evol 3 Kashima shocks
Elka stage 5 shocks
Rear:
Tusk Extended Rear Wheel Axle Hubs Spacers (+3,5 inches total)
Tusk New Axle

I will be waiting for your imput guys. Thank you very much!

·
Registered
55 Posts
yo, i have +2 a-arms and 45mm rear wheel hubs, lowering kit front and back, and lower handle bars for better levrage over the quad. that combo makes it super stabil.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
There’s a lowering link for the rear of the bike. I would think adding that and either of the wider A-arms and you’d stick to the ground pretty well. On road or off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There’s a lowering link for the rear of the bike. I would think adding that and either of the wider A-arms and you’d stick to the ground pretty well. On road or off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The lowering kit you talk about its makes the chasis lower or it makes the seat lower but keep the distance from the chasis to the ground? I cant lower much the chasis because the trails I ride have big rocks.
Do you mean something like this?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/ATV-Rear-Lowering-Kit-For-Yamaha-Raptor-700-700R-YFM700-YFM700R-2006-2017-and-Up/223437671893?hash=item3405ec4dd5:g:9vgAAOSwxPJcf-u5

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi guys, I think this is an important decision when we talk about driving experience, safety and fun. The post have more than 100 views, but only 2 people has shared his thoughts, anyone else want to help?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hello,i'm a 660 road rider also not in US.You can contact Jogaca and he will price you up some shocks as he can provide the shocks for you to YOUR spec:wink

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi guys, I think this is an important decision when we talk about driving experience, safety and fun. The post have more than 100 views, but only 2 people has shared his thoughts, anyone else want to help?
get the alba racing +2 a arms, get a pro taper handle bar (contour atv low) you will get so much more controll over the quad.
get this rear lowering link https://www.cfmperformanceatv.com/raptor700propg.html.
and the dominator v2 adjustable rear axle.
and get the yfz 450 shcks in the front to get it more balanced with the rear lowering link.

read the stickies about adjusting the stock shocks, it will perform good enough.
and remember to adjust toe and camber, get some good tires.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
get the alba racing +2 a arms, get a pro taper handle bar (contour atv low) you will get so much more controll over the quad.
get this rear lowering link https://www.cfmperformanceatv.com/raptor700propg.html.
and the dominator v2 adjustable rear axle.
and get the yfz 450 shcks in the front to get it more balanced with the rear lowering link.

read the stickies about adjusting the stock shocks, it will perform good enough.
and remember to adjust toe and camber, get some good tires.
Thank you for your reply @hobaoe.
Any other comment?

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
10,583 Posts
You should message Jogaca (Kevin) who can answer most of your questions whether or not you buy from. He's always happy to help. And his prices shipped may be a better alternative to expensive aftermarket.
But a few suggestions;
Pick a.arm width to fit the trails you ride on.
Keep the rear track slightly narrower than the front.
You can quickly raise or lower the rear swingarm by rotating the carrier 180°.
YFZ shocks from a carburetor year will lower the front slightly.
YFZ shocks from a injected year usually works with long travel arms.
(Measure to be sure).
Keep your handle bar height for your comfort, not someone else.

Last but not least, it's hard to have a street bike for the track and vise versa.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You should message Jogaca (Kevin) who can answer most of your questions whether or not you buy from. He's always happy to help. And his prices shipped may be a better alternative to expensive aftermarket.
But a few suggestions;
Pick a.arm width to fit the trails you ride on.
Keep the rear track slightly narrower than the front.
You can quickly raise or lower the rear swingarm by rotating the carrier 180°.
YFZ shocks from a carburetor year will lower the front slightly.
YFZ shocks from a injected year usually works with long travel arms.
(Measure to be sure).
Keep your handle bar height for your comfort, not someone else.

Last but not least, it's hard to have a street bike for the track and vise versa.
Thank you very much for answer! I wrote to Kevin in facebook, but didn't have a reply yet, anybody know if he is holidays or something?
Any other commen guys? Nobody used the poll, please make your choices and your opinion, this will help many riders. Thanks

·
Registered
280 Posts
Plus 3 arms would be illegal for most racing, that’s most likely why many don’t use them. I ride tight trails, but if I raced MX I would choose plus 2 arms with the best quality axle to match. I would also use long travel shocks.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Plus 3 arms would be illegal for most racing, that’s most likely why many don’t use them. I ride tight trails, but if I raced MX I would choose plus 2 arms with the best quality axle to match. I would also use long travel shocks.

@418Stroker, Good point about the +3 ilegal A-arms are ilegal for most MX racing, didn't know it's apply for the Raptor, since the +3 in the raptor its still less wider than YFZ450R with +2 A-arms. Thank you very much!
Keep sharing your opinions guys

1 - 13 of 13 Posts