Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who in your opinions who wins in a 300ft 1/4 mile race between a raptor and polaris 450? 450 is stock 700 modded i.e. Stroked +5mm stage 3 cam 54mm tb 11.1 piston etc.
I feel its like apples and oranges but my opponent seems to think otherwise. Feels his quad is all around a bad ass and no matter what i'm riding he can whip up on me. His is a mx trac quad and mine is the more trail all around quad. He insists otherwise. Thoughts and or comments welcome!

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
He wont be happy with the results. Oh well might make him wiser. The 700 for sure you'll even be able to play with him...Its all about karma!!!

·
Registered
100 Posts
He'll get ya at the start, most 450's are much quicker than a 700 but you should take him at about 3rd gear....It is all about the rider though....practice....

·
Registered
201 Posts
well maybe if your only starting in 3rd and plan on not shifting should he have a chance but if your using all your gears he is gonna be one sad puppy

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
My brother just went out and got a new Outlaw 450MXR. Its got very close ratio gears so it accelerates kinda fast, but its not because of the engine lol. You should definately be able to take him.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i agree that i will whip up on him something fierce! i told him by shear cc he doesn't stand a chance. especially if he's only stock. now don't get me wrong early on in my build i took and gave beat downs but when i lost it was cause the 450 had tons of mods and i only had the big 3 or bone stock. stock on stock i crushed 450's, banshee's. I've only known two guys that have had polaris's and neither wanted any parts of racing me in a straight line. Now this guys comes with all the gum bumping and this has been going on for like almost 18 months now. I almost got him to race me before but he wanted to ride muddy and water filled trails instead of settling the issue. this time there will be no escape that ass is mine!

·
Registered
235 Posts
i wouldnt ride anything that would let a polaris beat me...

·
YOU WISH
6,114 Posts
Very true... I can't wait til kill one... I have only killed cam am's and those green things so far...
I wanna race a 700XX or a KFX700...

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
I don't know if you wanna race the 700XX. There is a big 3 one around here going around beating up on 700R's frequently. But they are all pretty big dudes in the 220+ weight range. Your about my exact size Blue so you could probably take him plus you've got the big 3

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
i agree bro polaris's are over priced glamour machines! all bark and no bite!
Actually Polaris is pretty cheap. Granted that its mostly mark-downs because nobody buys them...;)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i wouldnt ride anything that would let a polaris beat me...
oh don't get me wrong i've never and i mean never come close a. racing b. losing to any type of polaris quad they get scared and run the other direction. LOL

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Actually Polaris is pretty cheap. Granted that its mostly mark-downs because nobody buys them...;)
to clarify over priced: you take a steering stem for a yamaha cost maybe 150 200 bucks for the polaris it's some unspeakable price like 500 bucks. i got my 700 for 5700 out the door! online that polaris is 7500 and at the dealer in town like 8K! no way i'd pay that much might as well get a street motor cycle for that price.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
My brother bought his new 2010 Outlaw for around $4,200 OTD. That shit must be expensive where you live lol

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Never going to touch a polaris even ride one NEVER!!!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts