Raptor Forum banner

Raptor 700 vs Polaris Predator 500

78K views 67 replies 25 participants last post by  Bradlee kinght 
#1 · (Edited)
One of my buddies bought a newer Polaris Predator 500 today and called me to tell me he was coming over to rape the Raptor. My Raptor is bone stock. His predator has slip on big gun exhaust,carb jetting,K&N, and extended swingarm. He also told me the previous owner said it would do 90 to 100. I was under the impression with all of these parts it could get ugly for the raptor. Boy was I wrong!! We raced several times and from each gear as well. Everytime same thing. I pulled on him pretty good. We also made a top speed run in fifth and since my bike does 75 (with my gps ) I even pulled on top so we figured he was doing around 70. It was a really nice bike but just not enough for the raptor. Thought id share.

#67 ·
He also said he had a cam. This bike had a ton of stickers , just not enough ass. Im a big boy 255 and he is around 240 . So it was a even weight race to the best of my knowledge.
He also said he had a cam. This bike had a ton of stickers , just not enough ass. Im a big boy 255 and he is around 240 . So it was a even weight race to the best of my knowledge.
I just ran outside and took a few pics of whats left.
lm best offers $800

#3 ·
The pred 500 was closer to a stock 660, but IMO the 660 had a significant edge when both had bolt ons. With those mods I would think you would have a close race but it sounds like you made out quite well. Nice job :thumbsup:

#6 ·
We just made another run and the fucker flipped his behind me at 65. I think his chain broke and wrapped around the Axle . His wife just left with him going to the E.R. I think he may have a bad case of the road rash along with a broke arm and shoulder. Kepp him your prayers to those of you that pray.

#8 ·
I have the race on video and I was fucking with him riding a wheelie while we were racing. Another 1/16 of a mile and I heard something and turned around to see him flipping over and over. He was completely dazed asking where he was, who he was , who was I and shit like that. So I made him jump on the bike with me and I ran to my house then went back with my wife and towed his bike home.

#9 ·
johnisbubba said:
I have the race on video and I was fucking with him riding a wheelie while we were racing. Another 1/16 of a mile and I heard something and turned around to see him flipping over and over. He was completely dazed asking where he was, who he was , who was I and shit like that. So I made him jump on the bike with me and I ran to my house then went back with my wife and towed his bike home.
i would love to see that video :eek: still hope hes alright tho

#10 ·
I just ran outside and took a few pics of whats left.

Attachments

#11 ·
The video is of just us racing and we go around a curve and after that the magic happens. I just pieced it all back together as good as I can. He will have to get a new set of handlebars, chain, ball joints, pull bar, light frame, and a few pieces here and their. I just talked to his wife and he's getting a cat scan at the moment.

#13 ·
I just talked to him on the phone, he's ok. He hurt his shoulder and road rash. He said he almost had me. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA He must be Paul Walker from Fast and the Furious. I told him we will put his chain back on for another run if he wants. Tie wire his ball joint and duct tape his handle bars. TONIGHT!!!!!!

#14 ·
johnisbubba said:
I just talked to him on the phone, he's ok. He hurt his shoulder and road rash. He said he almost had me. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA He must be Paul Walker from Fast and the Furious. I told him we will put his chain back on for another run if he wants. Tie wire his ball joint and duct tape his handle bars. TONIGHT!!!!!!
he would probably go faster if u towed em behind the rappy. :lol: :lol:

#16 ·
My buddy has an '05 Preddy LE with a White Bros. slip on and no limiter.

I've raced him on several occasions and always won up until my limiter kicked in. But the victory was no more then a few quads.

That was also totally stock with rear tires reversed and he has razr 2's and we were on soft sand ..

#21 ·
well lets see that guy problly cant drive for shit and if i wanted to i would blow ur lil raptor away with my 07 polaris outlaw 525irs with k & n hmf slip on and JD jetting with a big bore kit making it a 570 ktm power house with 83 hp and 116 mph 15 tooth sprocket.:D
You have a "570" engine and you're running an HMF slip on pipe? Jetting isn't a "mod" to be listed with things like big bore kits, we pretty much assume you'd have to do that to make the bike run. So mentioning it is a clear indication you aren't terribly experienced with this kind of thing, which is only confirmed when you bother mentioning that you changed a sprocket. And when you've spent a few grand on a build, the brand of the air filter is usually not all that important.

Assuming for a moment you actually have an 83hp Polaris it's clear to me from your list of mods, your sentence structure, and registering on a rival machine forum only to resurrect a 3 year old thread that you don't have the mental hp to match your ATV.

To those of you who stumble across this thread, I suggest we don't feed the troll.

#19 ·
Over three years ago!!! But Id still whip you

#22 ·
Mad Dog the brain ninja. I like it.

#26 ·
Something tells me your a 9 year old kid lying to try to sound like a badass :D

#34 ·
I can't resist Mad Dog, lol. If KTM is so much better, why is there no race support anywhere in the States then? Why can't you buy their bikes anywhere anymore (if I'm mistaken, I apologize, I know I read this somewhere though)? And if you've got those big numbers on your bike, I want to see the dyno. You aren't going to get me to believe you are pushing that kind of HP with the mods you have. And do you honestly expect that you are going to get a large number of people that are going to say that Polaris and KTM are a better bike when you are on a YAMAHA forum?

#32 ·
Trying to read your posts is painful, you should probably spend a little more time doing homework and studying instead of trying to start drama on an ATV forum. Oh, and if you really want to prove how fast your quad is...take a little road trip over to the Silver Lake Sand dunes sometime, I will make your outlaw look like a 90cc kids quad.

The outlaw 525 is a fast machine stock and mildly modded, but that is where it ends. When you really want to take these things to the next level, the outlaw doesn't have the aftermarket support to keep up with a Raptor. When my quad was basically stock, just intake, exhaust and power commander...a 525 outlaw was the only bolt-on quad to out run me, the 130 lb jockey on the outlaw didn't hurt though. Now, I can spot that same outlaw (which has more work done now) 10+ lengths and still blow by him in the first 200' of the race like he isn't moving.

#33 ·
Trying to read your posts is painful, you should probably spend a little more time doing homework and studying instead of trying to start drama on an ATV forum.
i agree, but i have no hard feelings towards your preference of polaris/ktm. to each their own and i respectfully disagree, but once you get out of highshool maybe you will learn a thing or two about respect. not only that i hope that you will develope the "mental HP" and common sense enough to know better than to jumo onto a Raptor forum and attempt "to prove a point ktm is better than yamaha"? how on earth could you think that anyone would agree with that statement, if they did they would own a polaris/ktm

in conclusion, i hope i do not later see in this post another snyde and immature response with clearly no respect for the profession and recreational atv community outside your coveted polaris/ktm circle

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.