Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
One of my buddies bought a newer Polaris Predator 500 today and called me to tell me he was coming over to rape the Raptor. My Raptor is bone stock. His predator has slip on big gun exhaust,carb jetting,K&N, and extended swingarm. He also told me the previous owner said it would do 90 to 100. I was under the impression with all of these parts it could get ugly for the raptor. Boy was I wrong!! We raced several times and from each gear as well. Everytime same thing. I pulled on him pretty good. We also made a top speed run in fifth and since my bike does 75 (with my gps ) I even pulled on top so we figured he was doing around 70. It was a really nice bike but just not enough for the raptor. Thought id share.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
He also said he had a cam. This bike had a ton of stickers , just not enough ass. Im a big boy 255 and he is around 240 . So it was a even weight race to the best of my knowledge.

·
Super Moderator
17,057 Posts
The pred 500 was closer to a stock 660, but IMO the 660 had a significant edge when both had bolt ons. With those mods I would think you would have a close race but it sounds like you made out quite well. Nice job :thumbsup:

·
Registered
880 Posts
Good job. and BTW nice bike. You know the red and grey is the fastest.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We just made another run and the fucker flipped his behind me at 65. I think his chain broke and wrapped around the Axle . His wife just left with him going to the E.R. I think he may have a bad case of the road rash along with a broke arm and shoulder. Kepp him your prayers to those of you that pray.

·
Registered
492 Posts
johnisbubba said:
We just made another run and the fucker flipped his behind me at 65. I think his chain broke and wrapped around the Axle . His wife just left with him going to the E.R. I think he may have a bad case of the road rash along with a broke arm and shoulder. Kepp him your prayers to those of you that pray.
hope hes okay.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have the race on video and I was fucking with him riding a wheelie while we were racing. Another 1/16 of a mile and I heard something and turned around to see him flipping over and over. He was completely dazed asking where he was, who he was , who was I and shit like that. So I made him jump on the bike with me and I ran to my house then went back with my wife and towed his bike home.

·
Registered
492 Posts
johnisbubba said:
I have the race on video and I was fucking with him riding a wheelie while we were racing. Another 1/16 of a mile and I heard something and turned around to see him flipping over and over. He was completely dazed asking where he was, who he was , who was I and shit like that. So I made him jump on the bike with me and I ran to my house then went back with my wife and towed his bike home.
i would love to see that video :eek: still hope hes alright tho

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just ran outside and took a few pics of whats left.

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The video is of just us racing and we go around a curve and after that the magic happens. I just pieced it all back together as good as I can. He will have to get a new set of handlebars, chain, ball joints, pull bar, light frame, and a few pieces here and their. I just talked to his wife and he's getting a cat scan at the moment.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just talked to him on the phone, he's ok. He hurt his shoulder and road rash. He said he almost had me. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA He must be Paul Walker from Fast and the Furious. I told him we will put his chain back on for another run if he wants. Tie wire his ball joint and duct tape his handle bars. TONIGHT!!!!!!

·
Registered
492 Posts
johnisbubba said:
I just talked to him on the phone, he's ok. He hurt his shoulder and road rash. He said he almost had me. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA He must be Paul Walker from Fast and the Furious. I told him we will put his chain back on for another run if he wants. Tie wire his ball joint and duct tape his handle bars. TONIGHT!!!!!!
he would probably go faster if u towed em behind the rappy. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No doubt, We raced about 2 miles strait today and I could have stuffed 18 buses,41 cows , 18 chickens, 3 lizards , and a few more predators between us. HAHAHAHAHA

·
Registered
478 Posts
My buddy has an '05 Preddy LE with a White Bros. slip on and no limiter.

I've raced him on several occasions and always won up until my limiter kicked in. But the victory was no more then a few quads.

That was also totally stock with rear tires reversed and he has razr 2's and we were on soft sand ..

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What made are races so goo is that we both are about the same weight 255 and 245. So we could see the bikes perform.

·
Registered
11 Posts
yamaha sucks

well lets see that guy problly cant drive for shit and if i wanted to i would blow ur lil raptor away with my 07 polaris outlaw 525irs with k & n hmf slip on and JD jetting with a big bore kit making it a 570 ktm power house with 83 hp and 116 mph 15 tooth sprocket.:D

·
Registered
361 Posts
Over three years ago!!! But Id still whip you

·
Registered
23 Posts
As glad as I am to hear ur raptor whopped him I am very sorry to hear about the crash. I hope he is okay and gets back to riding soon.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts