Raptor Forum banner
21 - 40 of 68 Posts
well lets see that guy problly cant drive for shit and if i wanted to i would blow ur lil raptor away with my 07 polaris outlaw 525irs with k & n hmf slip on and JD jetting with a big bore kit making it a 570 ktm power house with 83 hp and 116 mph 15 tooth sprocket.:D
You have a "570" engine and you're running an HMF slip on pipe? Jetting isn't a "mod" to be listed with things like big bore kits, we pretty much assume you'd have to do that to make the bike run. So mentioning it is a clear indication you aren't terribly experienced with this kind of thing, which is only confirmed when you bother mentioning that you changed a sprocket. And when you've spent a few grand on a build, the brand of the air filter is usually not all that important.

Assuming for a moment you actually have an 83hp Polaris it's clear to me from your list of mods, your sentence structure, and registering on a rival machine forum only to resurrect a 3 year old thread that you don't have the mental hp to match your ATV.

To those of you who stumble across this thread, I suggest we don't feed the troll.

Mad Dog the brain ninja. I like it.

dude raptor 700r's have no balls are u kidding ive already raced one in the buns and i rapped him ktm is a race proven port and polished engine and ready to go i have 83hp no way u would keep up ill drop a tooth or too and have more top end and stiill whop u wow polaris andd ktm the best...

omg im running a ktm engine the best and when the outlaw came out it was fastest in its class pushing 55hp stock and i ment a full exhuast its a polaris made one i took hmf of it was to loud went to a fmf full polaris one..ans wat kind of quad u got???

You have a "570" engine and you're running an HMF slip on pipe? Jetting isn't a "mod" to be listed with things like big bore kits, we pretty much assume you'd have to do that to make the bike run. So mentioning it is a clear indication you aren't terribly experienced with this kind of thing, which is only confirmed when you bother mentioning that you changed a sprocket. And when you've spent a few grand on a build, the brand of the air filter is usually not all that important.

Assuming for a moment you actually have an 83hp Polaris it's clear to me from your list of mods, your sentence structure, and registering on a rival machine forum only to resurrect a 3 year old thread that you don't have the mental hp to match your ATV.

To those of you who stumble across this thread, I suggest we don't feed the troll.
:eek:wned: HAHAHA!

omg im running a ktm engine the best and when the outlaw came out it was fastest in its class pushing 55hp stock and i ment a full exhuast its a polaris made one i took hmf of it was to loud went to a fmf full polaris one..ans wat kind of quad u got???
Something tells me your a 9 year old kid lying to try to sound like a badass :D

omgg are u kidding me im 17 and i race where i live and i know wat im talking aboout yamaha sucks trust me i had one and had nothing but problem and polaris is just a better brand sorry to dis ur quad didnt mean to im just trying to prove a point ktm is better than yamaha can anyone agree???

^I think MD said it all. You mention a slip on pipe, K&N and the name of your jet kit but you don't mention the name of the Big bore kit, Size of big bore or compression ratio???. and just because something can push 83hp don't mean its gonna beat everything with less power the 83hp. Alot more goes into a quad then just the HP. Weight ,rider, setup.... I have no hate for polaris but if you go on to any site bashing the main quad on the forum it won't go well.

omgg are u kidding me im 17 and i race where i live and i know wat im talking aboout yamaha sucks trust me i had one and had nothing but problem and polaris is just a better brand sorry to dis ur quad didnt mean to im just trying to prove a point ktm is better than yamaha can anyone agree???
I think KTM motors can push 83hp but go to the drag strip and see how many IFS polaris you see eating up a 80hp raptor. Or just youtube it. But I gotta quit feeding the troll here. Not much left to say after MD, he summed it all up...........:rocket:

Trying to read your posts is painful, you should probably spend a little more time doing homework and studying instead of trying to start drama on an ATV forum. Oh, and if you really want to prove how fast your quad is...take a little road trip over to the Silver Lake Sand dunes sometime, I will make your outlaw look like a 90cc kids quad.

The outlaw 525 is a fast machine stock and mildly modded, but that is where it ends. When you really want to take these things to the next level, the outlaw doesn't have the aftermarket support to keep up with a Raptor. When my quad was basically stock, just intake, exhaust and power commander...a 525 outlaw was the only bolt-on quad to out run me, the 130 lb jockey on the outlaw didn't hurt though. Now, I can spot that same outlaw (which has more work done now) 10+ lengths and still blow by him in the first 200' of the race like he isn't moving.

Trying to read your posts is painful, you should probably spend a little more time doing homework and studying instead of trying to start drama on an ATV forum.
i agree, but i have no hard feelings towards your preference of polaris/ktm. to each their own and i respectfully disagree, but once you get out of highshool maybe you will learn a thing or two about respect. not only that i hope that you will develope the "mental HP" and common sense enough to know better than to jumo onto a Raptor forum and attempt "to prove a point ktm is better than yamaha"? how on earth could you think that anyone would agree with that statement, if they did they would own a polaris/ktm

in conclusion, i hope i do not later see in this post another snyde and immature response with clearly no respect for the profession and recreational atv community outside your coveted polaris/ktm circle

I can't resist Mad Dog, lol. If KTM is so much better, why is there no race support anywhere in the States then? Why can't you buy their bikes anywhere anymore (if I'm mistaken, I apologize, I know I read this somewhere though)? And if you've got those big numbers on your bike, I want to see the dyno. You aren't going to get me to believe you are pushing that kind of HP with the mods you have. And do you honestly expect that you are going to get a large number of people that are going to say that Polaris and KTM are a better bike when you are on a YAMAHA forum?

I wanna race the Polaris I'm 6'2" 245 it'll be a good race. You can choose also 300'-1/4 mile dirt,pavement,sand, or hard pack clay.

Back to the original topic of this thread and the crash that the guy on other bike had. Is there any mod or aftermarket piece that would have prevented the chain from wrapping around the axle and causing this to happen? Were the chain and sprockets worn badly? I remember chain guards on some of my old bikes but dont think I have seen any for the almighty raptor 700R:stickpoke:

Very well said Jbrink.

I appreciate those who showed restraint, and I still appreciate those who tried to excercise some.

Spider I'd prefer if we don't turn this into a call out thread. I would ask that none of us starts thumping our chests over the internet about a race that will never happen with a troll who is only doing this to get a rise out of our membership.

Fireball,

Improper chain tension/adjustment is commonly the cause of chains leaving the sprocket. Sometimes the break occurs after the chain slips off, rather than the break causing the chain to bind up. There are products on the market however that will provide continuous pressure on the chain to keep it taught, you can find such a thing on ebay. Be warned however, it's not a substitute for poor chain maintenance and was originally designed for road use overseas from what I recall, and may not be up to the strain of an off-road application.

Otherwise the proper prevention to chain breakage is first to use a quality chain and sprockets. Second to properly maintain the drive system with proper adjustment and lubrication, and last to replace any worn sprockets or chains before they go bad.

Very well said Jbrink.

I appreciate those who showed restraint, and I still appreciate those who tried to excercise some.

Spider I'd prefer if we don't turn this into a call out thread. I would ask that none of us starts thumping our chests over the internet about a race that will never happen with a troll who is only doing this to get a rise out of our membership.

Fireball,

Improper chain tension/adjustment is commonly the cause of chains leaving the sprocket. Sometimes the break occurs after the chain slips off, rather than the break causing the chain to bind up. There are products on the market however that will provide continuous pressure on the chain to keep it taught, you can find such a thing on ebay. Be warned however, it's not a substitute for poor chain maintenance and was originally designed for road use overseas from what I recall, and may not be up to the strain of an off-road application.

Otherwise the proper prevention to chain breakage is first to use a quality chain and sprockets. Second to properly maintain the drive system with proper adjustment and lubrication, and last to replace any worn sprockets or chains before they go bad.
So are you saying that unless you really neglect your chain and sprockets, this pretty much wont happen. I thought these 520 chains had tensile strengths of > 8000 lbs. It just concerns me cuz I do alot of high speed riding and it would disastrous to have that happen.

I wonder if the splines on the axle are what grabbed the broken chain and caused it to wrap like that. I might try to find something slick to put over them if that was the case.

BTW... Thanks for your feedback.

There are plenty of 520 chains out there with tensile strengths in the mid 6k range. Not all of them are built heavy for 686cc four strokes, you've also got 100cc trail bikes using these types of chains and they don't need 8k lbs. That means you've got a bunch of variety when it comes to 520 chains.

When my chain breaks and wraps up it's usually up front, ripping the front sprocket guard/case saver apart and binding up my front sprocket and transmission in the process. I've never had a chain break lock up my back wheels, a broken chain usually is thrown off the rear sprocket since there's nothing keeping it on there anymore. And I can't say I've ever seen one wrap around the back axle. Not to say it can't happen, just that I haven't seen it or experienced it.

21 - 40 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.