Raptor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

So I have been in the market for a new quad. I want something that I can whip around corners, throw it around the trails and just all around have a good time. I want something that I can just have fun on and not have to worry too much about it being crazy top heavy. Something that is quick and and that I will be able to enjoy for a while. Mostly trail riding, not really true racing or mud. Just an all around trail rider. So any of you out there that have experience with both of them or even one, I would love your input and what you have experienced.

Thanks!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hello everyone,

So I have been in the market for a new quad. I want something that I can whip around corners, throw it around the trails and just all around have a good time. I want something that I can just have fun on and not have to worry too much about it being crazy top heavy. Something that is quick and and that I will be able to enjoy for a while. Mostly trail riding, not really true racing or mud. Just an all around trail rider. So any of you out there that have experience with both of them or even one, I would love your input and what you have experienced.

Thanks!
if your going to have the 700 completly stock, i would rather go with the 450. cause the 700 is very tall and narrow, not something you would wip around corners and stuff comfortly. very easy to tip over.

but, if you widen and lower it and change to low handlebars its night and day compared to stock, you will defently have a good time riding that.
i did this to mine, i love it.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
I used to love my 450 in the trails. Then i rode a raptor and now the 450 just sits. The only reason i can see for a 450 is if your mx racing or if you just like to take big jumps alot.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
162 Posts
I used to love my 450 in the trails. Then i rode a raptor and now the 450 just sits. The only reason i can see for a 450 is if your mx racing or if you just like to take big jumps alot.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Yeap, pretty much how i feel, plus i am 6'2" and the yfz just feels tiny...

·
Registered
67 Posts
Check to see what trails you want to ride i know near me i some 46 max wide trails that the yfz would never fit on

1 - 8 of 8 Posts