Raptor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello every one, I changed my upper a arms as per pervious post. And since changing I had to adjust the wheel alignment and now I can not get it to steer straight iv tried all day and watched nearly every video on YouTube and looked on forums. I have tried the wood down the side resting on the rear tyre. Any one who could let me know any tips I would really appreciate it

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
8,009 Posts
Did you watch the video Team2gils put on YouTube?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Hello every one, I changed my upper a arms as per pervious post. And since changing I had to adjust the wheel alignment and now I can not get it to steer straight iv tried all day and watched nearly every video on YouTube and looked on forums. I have tried the wood down the side resting on the rear tyre. Any one who could let me know any tips I would really appreciate it

Thank you

Assuming stock A Arms? If so and providing everything went okay on the install, and you tried a basic wheel alignment to no avail, then your tie rods must not be adjusted at the same length. About the only thing you can do is a ton of measuring. A quick method is to measure the length of each tie rod and make sure they are exactly the same length and then set your toe in from there. That may solve your issue. Next way is to make sure you handle bars are perfectly straight by measuring from each bar end to a fixed point on the rear of the bike. Then you need to take a straight edge, straight board, or chalk line, and draw a line from the outside of the rear wheels forward, then with a straight edge on the front wheels, measure from the front and back of the front wheel to the line from the rear wheels and make sure they are even/perfectly parallel, from there, adjust your toe in.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I use two rachet straps to hold the handle bars straight. Then two jack stands with a string pulled tight even with the rear wheel. Then use a mm ruler to set the front rim of the wheel 4mm greater then the rear of the rim. As you can see from the picture when I bought this for the gf it was towed the wrong way. Works pretty well for me

Attachments

·
Registered
163 Posts
I use two rachet straps to hold the handle bars straight. Then two jack stands with a string pulled tight even with the rear wheel. Then use a mm ruler to set the front rim of the wheel 4mm greater then the rear of the rim. As you can see from the picture when I bought this for the gf it was towed the wrong way. Works pretty well for me
I use the exact same method.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi all I used the method above ratchet strapped the handle bars straight and then run rope from the rear wheels up to front tyres adjusted and it is now as good as perfect. I think the handle bars must of been moving when I was adjust the tie rods because now that I used the ratchet straps it steers straight

Thank you

1 - 7 of 7 Posts