Raptor Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright i was out riding the other day and i was with some slow ATV'S and my 700 started missing at low speed, but when i was wide open it ran fine..i striped her down lastnight and i fount somthing out..when i would unplug the fuel pump and fuel line it would start right up and run until the remaning fuel ran out..even with my efi controler hooked up... :3question: ...could i have a cloged fuel pressure regulator? and also i tryed to turn the screw on the fuel rail where the regulator is and i broke it it, so how much does a fuel rail run?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well its not my fuel pump, i hooked it up to a buddy of mine, and it ran fine... so i guess we can scrach the fuel pump off the list
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
899 Posts
700pro said:
alright i was out riding the other day and i was with some slow ATV'S and my 700 started missing at low speed, but when i was wide open it ran fine..i striped her down lastnight and i fount somthing out..when i would unplug the fuel pump and fuel line it would start right up and run until the remaning fuel ran out..even with my efi controler hooked up... :3question: ...could i have a cloged fuel pressure regulator? and also i tryed to turn the screw on the fuel rail where the regulator is and i broke it it, so how much does a fuel rail run?
Sounds like what happend when my tps went.......If it runs right at full throttle than nothing is plugged.It is trying to give it more fuel than it needs. Are you getting black smoke at all?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah im getting black smoke....i just unpluged the tps and noticed some dirt back in it,so i sprayed some dura lube in it and i started it.it would idol but still choopy....what does a tps sensor cost?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
899 Posts
700pro said:
yeah im getting black smoke....i just unpluged the tps and noticed some dirt back in it,so i sprayed some dura lube in it and i started it.it would idol but still choopy....what does a tps sensor cost?
I got mine for less than 100 from a guy over on BlueTraxx ......dealer wants a shade over 100 if I remember right. Mine had white corrosion on the plug pins...I could not bring it back to life. When you replace it dont forget to put di-electric grease in the plug.....the go bad from water getting in the plug.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
alright cool ill call my yamaha dealer tomorrow....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well now shes running fine...wtf...idk why but im still gonna replace tps.. :wtf:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
899 Posts
700pro said:
well now shes running fine...wtf...idk why but im still gonna replace tps.. :wtf:
They can have intermittent problems. I tested the ohms on mine and it seemed ok. The voltage it was sending back to the ecu is what was screwy with mine. On the test it seemed ok, never did throw a code but through the process of elimination it had to be the tps…..and it was. Good luck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
110$ and some change at the stealership
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
got my tps in today and it fixed it..........but im still waiting on my 15 T & my pcIII
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top