Raptor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if you anyone knows where I can get a 700R Raptor gusset kit?
Also anyone having frame problems? If so what areas on the frame?

·
Registered
100 Posts
No frame problems here, It looked like they did a pretty good job from the factory

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anyone having issues with frames or would like a gusset kit for the 700R?

·
Premium Member
6,553 Posts
Mine cracked and was replaced under warranty, the new one I gusseted were the old one cracked at and also gusseted the area around the stem cross bar that the stem bolts to in front of the gas tank.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
VelociRaptor said:
Mine cracked and was replaced under warranty, the new one I gusseted were the old one cracked at and also gusseted the area around the stem cross bar that the stem bolts to in front of the gas tank.
Thanks for the info bud- Where did your frame crack at?

·
Premium Member
6,553 Posts
Right were the exhuast pipe runs behind the rear part of the main frame before it goes into the muffler. The rear section is sand cast and the hole that the foundary used to get the sand out is right there in the inside part of the frame facing in. Just run your fingers around to the inside right were the exhaust pipe is and you will find about a 1" hole there. It cracked all the way around at that spot.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How did you end up fixing the cast part of it?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Any pics of your gusset kit?

·
Registered
91 Posts
The paint started chiping on my frame right above the front shock mounts so I welded in two gussets before anything major happened. No problems other than that.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks much guys for all the Help!!

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Has anyone actually cracked the welds or frame near where the stem is clamped to the frame at the top.

·
Registered
363 Posts
i cracked my frame right above the shock mounts last weekend. im going to tear it apart tommorow and make some gussets

1 - 16 of 16 Posts