Raptor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’m putting a Kawasaki Zx10r motor in a raptor 700r. And the motor fits good but the oil pan is very low to the ground. Was wondering if anyone has cut the top part of the frame and will the plastics still be able to be put back on. Can anyone help?
B501565B-6AC8-4534-B0E2-0C7E01B6030E.jpeg
78409DB7-1D7D-4710-9653-1EAA08B9EEDB.jpeg

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
I have seen gsxr's and R1's in the 700 frame, but never a zx10.
I have seen those fit with and without upper frame modification.
The zx10's pan is definately lower, and the throttle bodies sit much more upright than back.
The builds that use a factory gas tank don't fit well. The builds that fit under factory plastics all use custom gas tanks that fit in the subframe under the seat, and use individual carb(99-2000 R1) or throttle body filters instead of an airbox.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have seen gsxr's and R1's in the 700 frame, but never a zx10.
I have seen those fit with and without upper frame modification.
The zx10's pan is definately lower, and the throttle bodies sit much more upright than back.
The builds that use a factory gas tank don't fit well. The builds that fit under factory plastics all use custom gas tanks that fit in the subframe under the seat, and use individual carb(99-2000 R1) or throttle body filters instead of an airbox.
I will be modifying air box and gas tank
This is a 2016 Zx10r engine so its fuel injected. I just wish this motor was more compact. This motor is huge let me tell you. I had this motor on my motorcycle pushing 213HP. I want to see what I can get out of it in the dunes.

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
I will be modifying air box and gas tank
This is a 2016 Zx10r engine so its fuel injected. I just wish this motor was more compact. This motor is huge let me tell you. I had this motor on my motorcycle pushing 213HP. I want to see what I can get out of it in the dunes.
I ride sportbikes, have been for 25+ years and would love to do a swap, and have come very close a couple times.
All the late model 1k's suck from the factory...but have so much hp hiding in there without factory electronic restrictions.
I agree on the size of that engine too, but it's typical Kawasaki. I was suprised to see how much mass is below the countershaft.
It looks like it's going to be a pain to get in just the right spot.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don't think you can move up. Because your going to be locked in by the swingarm pivot point and the drive sprocket location on the engine. To keep the drive chain functioning. If you move up you will have to move the mounting point of the swingarm up to keep them in line.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts