Raptor Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there! I've purchased a 2008 700r and have been riding for about six weeks. I'm in the process of trying to make it a bit more comfortable to ride, it seems to beat me up. I do a lot of mixed riding of trail and sand/clay pits where I do some minor jumping, but it seems like I'm going to break my wrist or dislocate my shoulders when landing. What I would like to do is soften it up a bit. I have Rox riser anti vibes on the way just for general vibration. would like at some point to get a puck style stabilizer/dampner at some point. I have been looking at 700Se shocks and have seen where YFZ450 shocks fit and seem to be a higher quality/performance shock. Any suggestions on this subject would be greatly appreciated. Does more travel in A arms and shocks help considerably, of course I'm on a bit of a budget so a $1500 ++++ package is at this time out of my reach.

Thanks, and sorry so long, just want to try and get it all in here!

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
Hey there! I've purchased a 2008 700r and have been riding for about six weeks. I'm in the process of trying to make it a bit more comfortable to ride, it seems to beat me up. I do a lot of mixed riding of trail and sand/clay pits where I do some minor jumping, but it seems like I'm going to break my wrist or dislocate my shoulders when landing. What I would like to do is soften it up a bit. I have Rox riser anti vibes on the way just for general vibration. would like at some point to get a puck style stabilizer/dampner at some point. I have been looking at 700Se shocks and have seen where YFZ450 shocks fit and seem to be a higher quality/performance shock. Any suggestions on this subject would be greatly appreciated. Does more travel in A arms and shocks help considerably, of course I'm on a bit of a budget so a $1500 ++++ package is at this time out of my reach.

Thanks, and sorry so long, just want to try and get it all in here!
I assume your current shocks are non piggyback ? You didn't mention your weight, stock shocks are generally set up for a 150LBS rider. If you have piggyback shocks, I would see about getting them revalved and sprung for your weight/riding style. If you have the pogo style shocks, by the time you buy a set of SE or YFZ shocks and then have them valved and sprung properly, you will have several hundred in them. Might want to look at the Fox floats for the front, not the Evols but the floats, they don't have the reservoir, but you can still adjust them to weight riding style with air. The puck style steering stabilizer, I have had both the CCP and the precision, both work, the CCP is cheaper then the precision, but still works pretty well, you can catch them on Ebay for a reasonable price, the Precision performs better, but you are going to pay the price for it. You might also post a parts wanted thread in the parts wanted of this forum, and someone might have a set of used shocks already valved for your specs, laying around.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info, I weigh between 190-195 depending on how my week is going. I'll keep reading on the subject so I don't make some boneheaded mistake costing me dearly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts