Raptor Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok now. i have been comparing the two stock wheelers. raptor 700r and the ds 650x. what will br the best for everyday fourwheeling like hp tourque, top speed, acceleration ect.

bottom line what would the diff. be. :eek:
:3question:

·
Registered
973 Posts
Raptor 700. I too looked at both. The DS has no reverse, raptor is a little faster, and is much more agile. The DS is a big bike. Like I said, I looked at both of them as well, and I am very glad I chose the raptor 700. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
621 Posts
Just look at all your mags. You'll see an artical about a Raptor almost every month in one mag or another and everyone says it's the best trail bike out there and one of the best bikes... period. You don't see that about the DS. I also read an artical comparing the DS, Raptor and KFX 700 and the DS was on the bottem by a long ways.

You'll love the Rapptor... Get it! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
679 Posts
dude get the raptor. the ds 650 is like a tank. i saw one of them in the local dealer and they are huge compared to the 700. go with the 700. you will be very pleased with the 700.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I have both :grin_nod: I have a 2000 DS and it's not that great for trails because if you get into a tight situation and have to back out you have to jump off the quad and pull it back and big also equals heavy..... I love my raptors though both of them :thumbsup:

·
Registered
188 Posts
Every ds650 I've drag raced @ the dunes got spanked...bad :eek:wned:

·
Super Moderator
17,063 Posts
1FastRaptorSE said:
I have both :grin_nod: I have a 2000 DS and it's not that great for trails because if you get into a tight situation and have to back out you have to jump off the quad and pull it back and big also equals heavy..... I love my raptors though both of them :thumbsup:
In the DS's defense the X versions starting in 04 were lighter and I think a bit smaller as well. Still a heavy duty bike but they hold up well and have an excellent powerplant. Not a cheap one to mod though.

IME they're a bit faster than a stock 660 and when both are piped it's awfully close as the 660 picks up more power from an exhaust. I haven't ran the two together but I'd imagine that the 700R would have a distinguishable advantage.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.