Raptor Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I bought a used 05 80 and was checking valves, changing oil etc. When I removed the crankcase cover I noticed there was a part attached to the case that is greasy and some greasy stuff on the bottom of the crankcase. What should be lubricated inside the cover and on the bike under the cover? I have the service manual but I dont find any indication of what should be lubed.

Thanks much,
Rob

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ive noticed nobody jumps in to help others on this forum unlike other forums I belong to. I sell XOM lubricants for a living. I'm sure a regular multipurpose lithium complex NLGI 2 grease will be fine. Quads aren't very technical when it comes to lubricants.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello, I bought a used 05 80 and was checking valves, changing oil etc. When I removed the crankcase cover I noticed there was a part attached to the case that is greasy and some greasy stuff on the bottom of the crankcase. What should be lubricated inside the cover and on the bike under the cover? I have the service manual but I dont find any indication of what should be lubed.

Thanks much,
Rob
If you meant the left side of the motor - shifter side , the pivot for the shift shaft to rocker and clutch rod need a water proof lithum based grease.

if you can find it, get a brand Grean Grease it works great

1 - 3 of 3 Posts