Raptor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both my recently turned 6 and 9y/o's ride Raptor 8's.

Normally we ride around the trails / Dunes where we live but this past weekend I took them to a local purpose built ATV track.

What I learned was that the 9 y/o, who is a very confident rider was getting outdone by a Eton 50cc two stoke also being riden by a 9 y/o. :unsure:

With the throttle restrictor let all the way out, the power/speed of the 80 is adequate for my 6 y/o, who is mad as a cut snake and weighs SFA. The problem for him was the the way the bike bounced upon landing after getting some air. Didn't seem to phase him but it scared the sh!t out of me.

I've read all the 80 mod threads however I'm chasing a word of advice from those that have already been done the mod track re suspension options for the 6y/o as the power wise the 80 will be enough for him for sometime.

As for the 9 y/o I guess I'm going to find another bike that he can grow into.

·
Registered
177 Posts
how tall is he?? a blaster would probably be ok in year or so.. idk depends

·
Registered
135 Posts
Honestly, there isn't much out there to improve it.
raptor80racing.com is a place to look.

My son had an '03 and I went thru the same problem with his.
I looked for something else to bolt in and came up with nothing that would work. Elka and Works both have shocks for it but I wasn't going to spend all that $$$ on a quad he was going to out grow in a short amount of time.
I replaced the stock tires with holeshots and ran them with 3 to 4 psi, this took out some of the bounce but sisn't solve it. They also gave it a wider lower stance that was way more stable.

If he wants to get serious the best thing to do is look for a different quad, the Raptor 80 just isn't made for it.
Check Hetrick Racing out, they really know thy're mini's and have tons of expirience.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts