Raptor Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
I talked to Cuervo today. He thinks it’s plating delamination. If it were heat/detonation it would be at the top of the bore.

·
Registered
2006 Raptor Bigbore Stroker
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
He has nerve saying that sort of catastrophic damage, in four hours normal use, was caused by a minor F/A issue. He should be flogged. Nonsense. Something major. Send photos to Millennium Technologies (best nicasil company) and ask them. I suppose oil failure/ rings upside down/ way too little gap/ Chinese crap plating are about the only possibilities. My stock iron liner Yamaha cylinder goes in mail to Mike at Engine Dynamics today to avoid some Chinese manufacturing defect on kit cylinder today. CP 12:1, 660.
Thats Azquad parts for you. Bought so many parts before and service was great now when theres issues takes weeks to respond not resolving issue. Millennium said oil pressure or bad cylinder china. Oil pressure is 100s was checked ring gap according to spec engine turned over nicely by hand before starting.

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
That's at least .080" and looks to be alot more.
The top left corner is knocked off and that ring end is not square...that ring is junk, and was not not even filed correctly, let alone way too much.
.008" is roughly as thick as 2 sheets of paper.
The ring would have only failed if the gap was too small, as heat expansion would have caused both ends to contact each other, apply pressure on each end from the other, then flex and/or break the ring, which it did not and could not.
That ring could not seal properly and caused blow-by and compression loss from excessive gap size.
That ring did not cause the cylinder failure.
Poor plating caused the failure.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
That's at least .080" and looks to be alot more.
The top left corner is knocked off and that ring end is not square...that ring is junk, and was not not even filed correctly, let alone way too much.
.008" is roughly as thick as 2 sheets of paper.
The ring would have only failed if the gap was too small, as heat expansion would have caused both ends to contact each other, apply pressure on each end from the other, then flex and/or break the ring, which it did not and could not.
That ring could not seal properly and caused blow-by and compression loss from excessive gap size.
That ring did not cause the cylinder failure.
Poor plating caused the failure.
100%

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Suggested ring gaps on a cp 105.5 12.5comp.

Also thinking from msd blaster to pc5 any suggestions

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Hey buddy, just wanted to comment on your eBay woes - my buddy is a seller and has had ridiculous experiences with eBay forcing him to take returns. He swears up and down that no matter what eBay will always force the seller to take a return and issue a refund.
He sold a $2500 electric skateboard for a buddy during winter of 2020 and shipped to a guy in Michigan. I had ridden the board before and it shredded, was brand new practically and still in box. Couple hours use. The buyer used the board for a week and absolutely destroyed it. Ride it in rain and mud and broke all the motors, fried the remote too. Had the nerve to return it to my buddy claiming it ‘didn’t work and broke immediately.’
My buddy didn’t accept and eBay forced him to. Seized his PayPal account and forced him to pay for shipping and admit a refund. Totally insane.
But, for you, this would be great because you can just complain to eBay and they will always side with you. AZ will have to accept your return if you ask eBay to get involved. Good luck. I would def go this route just out of principal for his business practices.

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Hey buddy, just wanted to comment on your eBay woes - my buddy is a seller and has had ridiculous experiences with eBay forcing him to take returns. He swears up and down that no matter what eBay will always force the seller to take a return and issue a refund.
He sold a $2500 electric skateboard for a buddy during winter of 2020 and shipped to a guy in Michigan. I had ridden the board before and it shredded, was brand new practically and still in box. Couple hours use. The buyer used the board for a week and absolutely destroyed it. Ride it in rain and mud and broke all the motors, fried the remote too. Had the nerve to return it to my buddy claiming it ‘didn’t work and broke immediately.’
My buddy didn’t accept and eBay forced him to. Seized his PayPal account and forced him to pay for shipping and admit a refund. Totally insane.
But, for you, this would be great because you can just complain to eBay and they will always side with you. AZ will have to accept your return if you ask eBay to get involved. Good luck. I would def go this route just out of principal for his business practices.
My experience has been the opposite.
I've been stuck with quite a bit of junk from ebay since the plandemic started.
ebay would do nothing to get any of of it returned or refunded, no one is available by phone anymore, as they are all "working" from home.
I feel for your friend getting screwed over, as I know it happens, but I've lost a few hundred bucks from being sent bad parts from "top-rated sellers" here in the U.S, then they refuse the return or simply ignore it.
Never know what you're gonna get anymore.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
My experience has been the opposite.
I've been stuck with quite a bit of junk from ebay since the plandemic started.
ebay would do nothing to get any of of it returned or refunded, no one is available by phone anymore, as they are all "working" from home.
I feel for your friend getting screwed over, as I know it happens, but I've lost a few hundred bucks from being sent bad parts from "top-rated sellers" here in the U.S, then they refuse the return or simply ignore it.
Never know what you're gonna get anymore.
True its crazy they dont even reply once you complain. Iv already bought all new parts and still awaiting outcome of my request. Every time new stories that iam running to lean but no determination at all and at 13.2 AFS. sometimes they think they dealing with customers that dont no anything

21 - 32 of 32 Posts