Raptor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son had his first race this past weekend on his new raptor 90. Not alot of mini quads showed up to race this weekend so they combined the mini quad race and the dirtbike 50s. He was up against 2 fully built Apex 90s and 2 50s. My son is only 5, the other kids ages was from 9 to I think either 12 or 14. I took a very small video of the second race. My son started out in last and finished in 3rd. In the first race he finished 3rd also. Next time I will have a better camera instead of using my phone.

·
Registered
182 Posts
nice, good to see kids getting out there and having fun

·
Registered
255 Posts
Good Job!!! Have you done any upgrades to the Rap 90? Now that I have got the pilot jet dialed in, the only issue now is that it hits the rev limiter, and that is without the jumper on the cdi. Would really like to get a rev box to raise the limiter some.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No I haven't started modding it yet, its still stock. I have the bigger jets coming. Next will be the air filter then the big gun full exhaust. The only cdi I see available is the procom, so I will try that. The only other thing I will probably do is get some spacers as its kinda tippy.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I started with a .35mm pilot and went up to .37mm and did a plug check yesterday. Ran it really hard, with me on it, and shut it off at WOT. Pulled plug and it looked great. I am thinking about changing the air filter to the Twin Air Foam filters. Didn't hit the rev limiter before changing to the .37mm pilot. Now it revs like crazy and hits top speed quickly, then hits the rev limiter. And I am about 220 lbs. on the little thing! Not sure how much I would want to raise the rpms but it sure wants more now. Let me know how yours runs when you change jets. Are you going to just change the pilot?

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I ordered the 37 pilot as well, the twin foam is the only filter I can find as well. After I add the filter, cdi, and full exhaust, i'm planning on modding the airbox a little further and then changing the main jet.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Was that his first race or the raptors first race?

He did a great job, he'll be getting that hole shot in no time :)

The raptor looked pretty peppy for being stock, cant wait to see how the mods work out.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This was actually his second race. His first race was on his chinese 125cc, but he fell and didn't end up finishing cause the handlebars got bent and he put a small crack in the gas tank. He started out on a little chinese 110cc when he was 3 just riding around the neighborhood. Then I bought him that chinese 125cc just this past christmas. But it couldn't take the abuse he was giving it. It seemed that I was repairing it after every ride. After the race when he fell I decided its time to get him something a little more reliable and well put together so I just bought him his 90 maybe about a month ago.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts