Raptor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone , new to the community. Was wondering if I could get a little insight. Ever since my daughter washed my sons fourwheeler, the electric start doesn’t work. It has power bc I tested the wires. It has to be kick started but when it starts, there are times it will run for a little and other times it will shut right off. Not sure where to start with checking things but was wondering if anyone had any suggestions? It’s a 2019 that we bought brand new , if that helps

·
Registered
751 Posts
Check the fuses.
Disassemble the start switch and make sure it's not burnt.
But, if it's still under warranty...say nothing about washing it and killing the electric start, and take it back to the dealer.
It only takes a drop of water finding it's way into the wrong spot to cause a short.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check the fuses.
Disassemble the start switch and make sure it's not burnt.
But, if it's still under warranty...say nothing about washing it and killing the electric start, and take it back to the dealer.
It only takes a drop of water finding it's way into the wrong spot to cause a short.
I took apart the start switch and nothing is burnt. I actually used a test light and it’s getting power. :( as is everything else. The only thing that wasn’t throwing good numbers was the Starter Assy relay switch. But what I don’t understand is why it will kick start, but then shut off while
Your riding it .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts