Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I need help. Just bought a Raptor 90 for my 9 years son and he was so happy about it, but now 2 weeks later he think it´s to slow:-(( And I have to admit it´s not as fast as I have thought. Is there som tunings kit to opgrade the power with?
Hope to get som good advice here.

Thanks in advance, Thomas

·
Super Moderator
8,849 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Unscrew the throttle cover on the handle bars. Adjust that throttle stop screw so it opens more, allowing it to go quicker.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I know of several upgrades that you can do. There are many different exhausts, several different rev boxes, a carb/filter kit that I know of, clutch mods, sprocket change, etc....I’ve also heard of a performance cam, too. I can possibly point you in the right direction. I’ve installed several mods on ours and it has definitely helped. Have you removed the restriction on the stock rev box?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Take the factory installed limter off. There are instructions. It really east you loosen 2 screws then take off this small metal plate. It double the RPM's. The manuel advises to allow your child to get used to the bike with it on then take it off. It makes a huge difference. My son also road around for about a month then i took it off and it was like a new bike.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thinking of buying a raptor 90 for my son 11 year old son. He's 4 feet 11 inches 120 lbs. Is this Atv too small for him?

·
Registered
746 Posts
Manufacturers don't claim top speeds for ATVs. Liability.
Generally speaking a Raptor 90 will do 25-35Mph depending on rider weight, conditions, and restrictor mods.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I know of several upgrades that you can do. There are many different exhausts, several different rev boxes, a carb/filter kit that I know of, clutch mods, sprocket change, etc....I’ve also heard of a performance cam, too. I can possibly point you in the right direction. I’ve installed several mods on ours and it has definitely helped. Have you removed the restriction on the stock rev box?
Speed racer..... have you done any of those mods to the raptor 90?? Need more torque and throttle response... it hesitates at low and mid range.... can't accelerate off of jumps currently. Yes jumper is removed under the seat, air box is opened up and throttle set screw is all the way out. Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Speed racer..... have you done any of those mods to the raptor 90?? Need more torque and throttle response... it hesitates at low and mid range.... can't accelerate off of jumps currently. Yes jumper is removed under the seat, air box is opened up and throttle set screw is all the way out. Thanks
What CDI box are you using 2019

·
Registered
10 Posts
ok guys.
20mm carb (genuine makuni) and exhaust makes these things go way better. ypu will need to do needle/jets. or ebay a set of needles from ebay fpr the 13mm.
I am lead to believe that the Honda head fits on. sit looking in to it.

Im currently working on bronze suspension bushings and new rear shock (adult shock more so)
later on a new/stronger swing arm is im the works

·
Registered
5 Posts
Awesome new! Can u put put a link down? I'm going to order asap. Been looking and looking to wake this thing up :) thank you

1 - 20 of 29 Posts