Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi raptormaniacs !!

Im working on a raptor 90 and was wondering if anyone knows the valve adjustment procedure and the specs?? Ive been searching but not finding any info other than bring it to the STEALERSHIP :eek: ! I know it's an ETON engine(yuck) and even searched that with no luck.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Hi raptormaniacs !!

Im working on a raptor 90 and was wondering if anyone knows the valve adjustment procedure and the specs?? Ive been searching but not finding any info other than bring it to the STEALERSHIP :eek: ! I know it's an ETON engine(yuck) and even searched that with no luck.

Does it have rockers or buckets that ride the cam.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Take the cover off the right side of the engine where the fan is. There is a timing mark in there so you can find TDC. Take the valve cover off. The adjusters are right there, simple. I can't remember the specs though, but it's on the rear fender under the seat. Intake is on top, exhaust is on the bottom. It's easy, took about 40 minutes total for me the first time, probably 20 minutes the second time. PM me your email and I can email you the page out of the manual for the procedure.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey thanks for the help! They are rocker arms and now i found the timing mark !! was pretty easy to adjust them too!:)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Take the cover off the right side of the engine where the fan is. There is a timing mark in there so you can find TDC. Take the valve cover off. The adjusters are right there, simple. I can't remember the specs though, but it's on the rear fender under the seat. Intake is on top, exhaust is on the bottom. It's easy, took about 40 minutes total for me the first time, probably 20 minutes the second time. PM me your email and I can email you the page out of the manual for the procedure.
Do you remember what the specs are and are they the same on intake and exhaust

1 - 5 of 5 Posts