Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Baptized in Racing Fuel
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have the Raptor almost all together... Just need a starting point for jets, fuel screws, and needles.

Here's what I've got....

CP 102mm (686) 12:1 piston
Hotrod crank and rod (stock stroke)
Hotcam Stage III
P&P head with port matched intake boots
Ferrea Valves with KW springs
Proflow K&N with no lid
Monster Dual exhaust

I have a Vito Jet kit that goes up too 175...

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
I've also got the Vito's kit. If you still have that one settings paper that came in the kit, I'd advise you to look at the last setting on the list for a pretty good starting point. I guess it depends on your elevation thought but it should put you in the ball park. It might be time to get some FCR's if you got the cash :)

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
I have the Raptor almost all together... Just need a starting point for jets, fuel screws, and needles.

Here's what I've got....

CP 102mm (686) 12:1 piston
Hotrod crank and rod (stock stroke)
Hotcam Stage III
P&P head with port matched intake boots
Ferrea Valves with KW springs
Proflow K&N with no lid
Monster Dual exhaust

I have a Vito Jet kit that goes up too 175...
Try the 165 to 170 mains and #25 pilots...............

·
Baptized in Racing Fuel
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I spent hours looking for that page... Even called the tech line and the guys wasn't much help. I have 35mm FCR's on a shelf waiting for a rebuild. Just need to run the OEM carbs for the rest of the season. I put in 27.5 pilots and it idles nice and smooth. Needle clip is 1 down from the top notch, and fuel screws are 2 turns out. Have a little hesitation when throttle is stabbed and a little popping on accel and decel... in nuetral. I put in the 175 and 160 mains to stay on the rich side and will adjust once I get it out on the dunes. Thanks for the help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts