Raptor Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2001 raptor ... nock on wood no tranny problems yet. It's time for a new one and it's ging to be a 700.
The problem is that I have herd that the 06 is better than 07 ? Can you guy's give me some insite on which year
model is better?

Thanks
Frank : :help:

i

·
Registered
63 Posts
well the 07' juss has yfz front adjustable shocks i beleive, a new master front brake cylinder, different graphics, and 2 other things. its more expensive then the 06's but if u have the money go for the 07's

·
Registered
623 Posts
i think either year is safe to buy. some of the early run 06's had some fuel pump issues if i remember correctly.

the 07 also has a slotted rear rotor. its minor things overall i believe, can probably score an 06 for cheap if there is any left over.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
A leftover 06' will save you some coin and the fuel pump issue was only with early models. That being said the 07 SE does look kick ass and has better suspension if you don't plan on getting aftermarket suspension.

My local dealer has two leftover 06 models that he would probably make a deal on.

·
Registered
965 Posts
I would go with the '07 SE. I might be a little biased....but it comes with better suspension (better than the YFZ upgrade), drilled rotors, killer looks, black wheels...

All '07's also have an adjustable brake lever.

I think that's it...?

·
Registered
575 Posts
i just got a brand new '06 and saved a pretty penny from the '07's.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Ryans Roostin Raptor said:
I think '07 would be worth the extra $$$$$$
Not unless your upgrading to an SE. Otherwise you can keep your drilled rotor. ;)

·
Registered
491 Posts
Find a 2006 if you can.You will save some good money.I just bought mine 2 weeks ago for $5600 out the door price with a 2 year warranty cant beat that.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts