Raptor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone out there in raptorland know where we can get a front bumper that protects the headlights? possibly hold a winch! I do not care if it is goddy. My dealer said he has had alot of folks ask for this item to no avail.

·
Registered
289 Posts

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
one dude on here had some metal covers that went over the headlights, i didn't notice them in his pic till someone pointed them out, shit, i just can't remember who that was, i'm sure he'll see this sometime.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I think those metal headlight guards were European. There's all sorts of cool stuff that we don't get here on the Yamaha Europe Web sites - same with Yamaha Canada.
I wonder if U.S. dealerships can order stuff from Yamaha Europe and Canada?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I had a welder make me a custom bumper to cover the headlights.He did a great job and he pretty much copied it off the pro aromor bumper and it just looks fantastic. I think he charged me like $185. I dont have a cammera so i can't post pics

·
Registered
16 Posts
NICK said:
one dude on here had some metal covers that went over the headlights, i didn't notice them in his pic till someone pointed them out, shit, i just can't remember who that was, i'm sure he'll see this sometime.
I'm also looking for those metal covers. I know I've seen them here somewhere but I can't find them now :( Anyone know where to find them? Pics?

·
2008 SMX Series Champion HO
2,679 Posts
I have the Pro Armor Bull Horn Bumper, it protects my lights just fine

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
devildog_0431 said:
Got any close ups?

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
devildog_0431 said:
Isn't this just a normal bumper? :eek: It does go around or near the lights!

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I wonder if you could make one of those carbon fiber 660 headlight guards work. Im sure it be pretty easy.

·
Registered
16 Posts
devildog_0431 said:
I need protection from rocks and other stuff coming of the ground from other riders (I'm not always No1 in the race :'( ) I don't think that the bullhorn bumper protects you from that :3question: Got any pics?
Any other suggestions how to fix this problem :help:

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
I think Jamboyraptor has some covers? Not sure but that who comes to mind. I built mine for about $24, It has sucessfully stopped a tree from breaking my lights but dosn't stops rocks. Solid 3/4" round stock baby!

Attachments

·
2008 SMX Series Champion HO
2,679 Posts
this is my bumper....it doesn't shield the lights.....i'm just talkinga bout in case of a roll over and hit a tree, this bumper is wide enough to guard from anything impacting them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts